• April 16, 2024, 02:55:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Do I need to configure anything for VoIP?  (Read 3980 times)

saiyan

• Level 1 Member
Do I need to configure anything for VoIP?
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:13:15 AM »

Does anyone know if I need to congifure any QoS settings for VoIP?

The QoS configuration screen allows me to set QoS priority by LAN ports or by protocols.

Since my VoIP phone adapter is connected to DAP-1522 wirelessly, setting priority by LAN ports is out of question.  But if I choose QoS priority by protocol, I don't see any setting related to VoIP either.

Or does DAP-1522 automatically assign highest priority to VoIP traffic?

Thanks.

anon

• Level 3 Member
Re: Do I need to configure anything for VoIP?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 10:23:33 AM »

How do you have the Dap-1522 connected and what f/w do you have installed? Do you have problems with the setup now?

saiyan

• Level 1 Member
Re: Do I need to configure anything for VoIP?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 08:18:53 PM »

I don't have any major issue with VoIP but occasionally I would hear choppy sound on the phone.  The only reason I asked about QoS configuration is to see if I can optimize my network for VoIP.

Here is how I setup my home network:

Internet <--> Cable Modem <--> Netgear RP614v2 Router <--> D-Link DAP-1522  (access point) <-->  D-Link DAP-1522 (bridge) <--> Linksys SPA3102 Phone Adapter

I am running a pair of DAP-1522 in my network; one as an access point which connects to my Netgear router and the other as a wireless bridge and has my Linksys phone adapter attached to it.  Both DAP-1522 have firmware 1.10.

My Netgear router does not support QoS but since DAP-1522 is the only device connected to it, I don't think it would cause any problem for VoIP.