• March 28, 2024, 12:16:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-825L  (Read 14285 times)

Rockstar

• Level 2 Member
DCS-825L
« on: December 21, 2013, 07:51:27 AM »

I know that the so called baby camera is only applicable via mobile phone (Although can be used via emulator
on a computer)

I am just curious if the DCS-825L cloud camera is wirelessly connected to a router wherein a computer with
wireless capability is also on the same network can access the IP address of the camera provided via DHCP
of the router. Can it be accessible from the webpage of the computer, if you type the IP address of the
camera (from it's settings). Will it provide me a web configuration page of the camera?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-825L
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 09:45:56 AM »

Until the user manual is posted, I'm going to refrain from any speculation. . .  :-\  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

igoramadas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 03:04:39 PM »

I had a few D-Link cameras before and all of them provided the web based admin area. So I bought the 825L and guess what? It doesn't! Or at least it's not ready yet as it gives me a "File not found!" error. So the web server is there, we just need to know how to access its features.

If D-Link doesn't update the firmware with a web based admin area within the next 3 weeks I'll return this product.

luyggy

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 02:31:26 AM »

You will not have web server, the application for android is very bad. No works in the background, gives very constant unexpected close, the application is very slow to move through the menus. Or also improve or return your camera

igoramadas

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 01:48:22 AM »

Is anyone from D-Link reading this?

I have just another 7 days to decide: keep or return.

bnuff

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 04:03:53 PM »

There appears to be a few pages you can get to if you use the username admin and the password you have set on your camera.

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/eng/admin/tools_firmware.cgi (appears to be for upgrading firmware)
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/eng/admin/adv_wizard.cgi (allows you to set some network settings and motion detection)

Having said this I would not try to set anything from these pages as it could be just leftovers from whatever they morphed this camera from.  Until some sensible manual / web interface appears best leave alone.

yannbouvier

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 03:30:37 AM »

Hi guys,
I recently bought this camera and very sad to see Dlink support about that cool product!
No admin page (or very lite like bnuff said).

I could find 2 more URL working with third party tools to make monitoring:
http://IP_CAM/video/mjpg.cgi
http://IP_CAM/image/jpeg.cgi

Android application is very poor and notifications not working, this camera is also not yet support on MyDlink Lite application...

So very bad product while DLink is not updating with correct firmware and admin page like all others camera.

However, picture quality and sound are good quality!