• March 28, 2024, 04:07:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Unable to connect to device via IP address or DLINKAPP  (Read 123478 times)

TPQ1235

• Level 1 Member
Unable to connect to device via IP address or DLINKAPP
« on: January 24, 2010, 01:48:51 PM »

Just purchased the DAP-1522 so that I can use it as a bridge between my TV and my Linksys WiFi router and therefore the internet.

When I connect my PC to the DAP-1522 via the ethernet cable, and enter 192.168.0.50 or DLINKAPP via my browser I get am unable to connect.

I have entered the MAC address into the MAC filter table in the Router (I use that to control access).

Since I can't access the set-up app I can't set up the device.....

jerry6

• Level 2 Member
Re: Unable to connect to device via IP address or DLINKAPP
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 04:15:37 PM »

you have to set your tcp/ip to 192.168.0.22 or something between 2and 49 , then connect , set up and set the dap to a ip in your routers ip range

gniknalu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 02:32:52 PM »

Use http://dlinkap  instead of the direct IP address.

toddrom

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »

I am having the same issue which seems to be very common as I've seen it described in many other places but with no resolution whatsoever.

DAP-1522 cannot be accessed in ANY way and DOES NOT reset to factory settings.

I tried resetting it multiple times...tried keeping the reset button pressed for 1min...rebooted with reset button pressed (here the "on" light keeps blinking" but no actual reset to factory settings takes place).
I had it connected to several PC's configured with static 192.168.0.x (tried at least a dozen x values), in any of the 3 positions - AP, Auto, Bridge.
I could never ping or access via http 192.168.0.50 OR dlinkap. And no, it's not a software firewall issue.

However, the WPS button works, and it connects to my DIR-655 just fine. The bridge mode works good and I have 2 PC's wired to it, one with Windows 7 and one with XP64.
None of them can actually see the device on the network despite working through it. Network discovery can see the DIR-655 and a DNS-323 that I have on the network but not DAP-1552. My network is in the 10. range

The WPS settings will be kept after the so-called factory reset.

Please do not post answers like try this IP, use IP or use dlinkap as it is not helpful.
Is there a way to open this box and short some pins to clear it's memory and have it reset to factory?
If there is anyone from dlink with a suggestion it would be much appreciated
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:33:30 AM by toddrom »

rtk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »

I had the same thing happen and it was pretty annoying.  There is nothing wrong with the 1522 or anyting that needs to be reset.  The reason you can't access it is because your PC network adapter isn't communicating with the 1522 and isn't automatically getting the correct IP info to do so.   To access the 1522, connect a cable to the PC you want to use and go into windows control panel network settings to manual configure the network.  

IP address: 192.168.0.51
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.50
Leave DNS set to automatic.

thats it.  you should be able to now access your 1522 by typing in 192.168.0.50 from the browser.   setup your network as you want, including moving the switch on the back as needed.   if you are using it in bridge mode, dont forget to reset the IP configurations of your PC above back to automatic.  it all makes sense really but would have been helpful had dlink somehow better documented this.   I'm using it in bridge mode and that stupid blinking orange light is incrediblly annoying...  afte getting my wireless N network optimaized, the 1522 performance is pretty good.

let us know if the above works

I am having the same issue which seems to be very common as I've seen it described in many other places but with no resolution whatsoever.

DAP-1522 cannot be accessed in ANY way and DOES NOT reset to factory settings.

I tried resetting it multiple times...tried keeping the reset button pressed for 1min...rebooted with reset button pressed (here the "on" light keeps blinking" but no actual reset to factory settings takes place).
I had it connected to several PC's configured with static 192.168.0.x (tried at least a dozen x values), in any of the 3 positions - AP, Auto, Bridge.
I could never ping or access via http 192.168.0.50 OR dlinkap. And no, it's not a software firewall issue.

However, the WPS button works, and it connects to my DIR-655 just fine. The bridge mode works good and I have 2 PC's wired to it, one with Windows 7 and one with XP64.
None of them can actually see the device on the network despite working through it. Network discovery can see the DIR-655 and a DNS-323 that I have on the network but not DAP-1552. My network is in the 10. range

The WPS settings will be kept after the so-called factory reset.

Please do not post answers like try this IP, use IP or use dlinkap as it is not helpful.
Is there a way to open this box and short some pins to clear it's memory and have it reset to factory?
If there is anyone from dlink with a suggestion it would be much appreciated

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:56:00 PM by rtk »

toddrom

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »

The reason you can't access it is because your PC network adapter isn't communicating with the 1522 and isn't automatically getting the correct IP info to do so.
This not correct - I had 2 computers running xp x64 and W7 x64 wired to the DAP-1552 configured (using WPS button) in bridge mode to a DIR-655 router. The connection worked just fine, I was able to see all other PC's and devices on my network, access internet, etc.... The problem is that I was not able to see the DAP 1552 from anywhere and access its configuration menu. After a "factory" reset, the configuration setup to my router was preserved since I did not have to use the WPS buttong again.
I could not see its MAC address in the arp table either.

I tried again to reset it and configured the PC wired to it with 192.168.0.99:
IP address: 192.168.0.99
This time it worked!

I tried the above settings several times before with same gateway and various other IP's but it never worked. I think the .99 IP made the difference but I don't understand why.

In the configuration menu I changed the DAP LAN to DHCP, connected it to my router and now it is working again in bridge mode and I can access it by its new 10..199 IP  address or http://dlinkap from any PC, wired or not, responds to pings, can see it in arp cache and everything is normal.

The configuration with the .99 IP seems to have been recomended by Dlink before since I found it in this post:
http://www.paraesthesia.com/archive/2010/05/04/connect-to-the-d-link-dap-1522-access-point-configuration-manually.aspx
The remarks regarding DHCP are right cause since I tried many times with static IP and .50 gateway before trying the .99 IP
Plus, the use of the gateway does not make sense either since both are configured with static IP's and physically on the same network. I can confirm that the pings and attempts to access the DAP were using the right adapter as shown also in the routing table. I even tried it with all other network adapters disabled on the PC to make sure.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 12:03:45 PM by toddrom »

rtk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 03:06:03 PM »

Considering your fix was essentially what I told you to do (other than assign a different IP address to your PC) not sure what you disagree with.   With regards to the 1522 DHCP vs. static IP setting when running in Bridge mode, mine is set to static IP which allows the IP's to be assigned from the wireless router connected to the 1522.

This not correct - I had 2 computers running xp x64 and W7 x64 wired to the DAP-1552 configured (using WPS button) in bridge mode to a DIR-655 router. The connection worked just fine, I was able to see all other PC's and devices on my network, access internet, etc.... The problem is that I was not able to see the DAP 1552 from anywhere and access its configuration menu. After a "factory" reset, the configuration setup to my router was preserved since I did not have to use the WPS buttong again.
I could not see its MAC address in the arp table either.

I tried again to reset it and configured the PC wired to it with 192.168.0.99:
This time it worked!

I tried the above settings several times before with same gateway and various other IP's but it never worked. I think the .99 IP made the difference but I don't understand why.

In the configuration menu I changed the DAP LAN to DHCP, connected it to my router and now it is working again in bridge mode and I can access it by its new 10..199 IP  address or http://dlinkap from any PC, wired or not, responds to pings, can see it in arp cache and everything is normal.

The configuration with the .99 IP seems to have been recomended by Dlink before since I found it in this post:
http://www.paraesthesia.com/archive/2010/05/04/connect-to-the-d-link-dap-1522-access-point-configuration-manually.aspx
The remarks regarding DHCP are right cause since I tried many times with static IP and .50 gateway before trying the .99 IP
Plus, the use of the gateway does not make sense either since both are configured with static IP's and physically on the same network. I can confirm that the pings and attempts to access the DAP were using the right adapter as shown also in the routing table. I even tried it with all other network adapters disabled on the PC to make sure.

toddrom

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »

Here is what I disagree with:

PC wired configuration that I tried and failed (no ping response, no http)
IP address: 192.168.0.2, 5, 9, 15, 49, 52, 254
Subnet: 255.255.255.0, 255.255.0.0, 255.0.0.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.50 or empty

PC wired configuration that worked (ping response and http)

From a networking point of view there is no reason whatsoever for the configurations I tried before to fail. The use of gateway should also make no difference on a network with static IP's where all devices attached are in the same range.

rtk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:26:26 PM »

glad to hear you are working ::)

Fred Mertz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 06:53:21 PM »

Thanks to your discussion, I was able to get into the DAP1522 setup.

Fred M

Mike Mills

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 04:27:04 PM »

I'm reviving this thread as I am having the same problems described in the original post.

I have tried various combinations of static IP addresses for my PC and am 100% unable to log on to the DAP-1522.  

All the proper lights are lit and the Bridge light is flashing as it's supposed to be, still I am unable to access the DAP.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 04:42:44 PM by Mike Mills »

EdwinDonald

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »

Thanks to your discussion, I was able to get into the DAP1522 setup.

Fred M

:-* :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:41:13 PM by EdwinDonald »

Mike Mills

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 11:51:46 PM »

So, any ideas as to why I cannot log on to this Bridge?

TCP/IP addresses are proper.

Yellow light is blinking indicating bridge mode.

LAN cable shows connected.

http://192.168.0.50 yields, "Unable to connect,..."

Power light is lit (unit is powered on).

Mike Mills

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 09:40:16 PM »

I've given up.  I went back to Fry's and bought another DAP-1522.  I gave it a second try. I also bought a Buffalo NFiniti.

I was able to log on to this second D-Link unit right away.  The thing is, I couldn't get it to connect wirelessly.  I gave up.

I set up the Buffalo and it worked like a charm.  The instructions were written in decent English.  They were clear and reasonably thorough (but not great).  The software set up went without a hitch.  I was able to log on to the device on the first try.  It connected wirelessly without a hitch.  I'm done.

D-Link, I gave you two chances and you failed me both times.  You've lost me as a customer.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:42:51 PM by Mike Mills »

bbell123

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 08:38:38 AM »

Same problem! Tried all the great suggestions but ca not log in to Setup. Tried to reset. Does not seem to go back to factory settings. Is there a more "aggressive" way to reset the unit?
Pages: [1] 2