• March 28, 2024, 06:31:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to Send a Successful DNR-202L Event E-mail Notification  (Read 7990 times)

scveal

• Level 1 Member
How to Send a Successful DNR-202L Event E-mail Notification
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:02:31 PM »

I've just about got my set-up complete on my new DNR-202L, DCS-930 and 932 cameras. I can successfully send motion event E-mails from the individual cameras and I can send myself a successful test e-mail from the DNR-202L Setup-Event Page. However, when a motion event is successfully triggered, I do not receive an E-mail notification from the DNR-202L.

Is this a bug or is there something else that I need to be doing?

Thanks!
Steve
Weatherford, Texas

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
Re: How to Send a Successful DNR-202L Event E-mail Notification
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:23:02 PM »

So you have the Motion Detection set up in the camera, and it's checked under the proper channel in the DNR-202L settings? (Setup - Event Setup - Event)

Do you see blue highlights on the recording history in the Playback Selection window that indicate a motion detection event has been received by the DNR-202L?

scveal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 10:01:10 AM »

ReverendTed:

Thanks for getting back to me and yes to both questions.

Steve

ReverendTed

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 10:39:16 AM »

Thanks for getting back to me and yes to both questions.
Well then I'M stumped.

If the test e-mail works, the events are logging in the DNR-202L stream, and "Alert Mail" is checked, that should be everything you need.  Next step: call support and cross your fingers?

Have you tried checking "Loss" in the event logging and seeing if an e-mail is generated when the camera is unplugged?

scveal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 12:27:17 PM »

ReverendTed - Yes - I just disabled the power to the cameras to create a video loss - still no E-mail.

My ATT E-mail smtp server address is outbound.att.net and the required port is 465. However, when I use these settings I receive a validation error from the DNR-202L when I attempt a test E-mail. Yet, when I use port 25 (which ATT supposedly has blocked), I can send a test e-mail OK, just not an event e-mail.

The only thing I can figure (and this is strictly a guess) is that ATT blocks e-mails to port 25 that contain attachments (as you would get with an event E-mail), yet allows port 25 E-mails through if they are simply text, which is all that the test e-mail contains. Again, this is strictly a wild guess.

Thanks for your help!
Steve

scveal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 01:07:19 PM »

Reverend Ted and all:

Well, here's my bizarre workaround. Out of curiosity, I opened an E-mail account with Gmail, which uses smtp server settings of smtp.gmail.com port 465. I used those settings in the DNR-202L event page. I had no success with a test e-mail on Port 465. So I tried Port 25, was able to get a successful Test E-mail, as well as successful event E-mails, including motion and video loss. So, it must be some kind of ATT Yahoo quirk preventing the event e-mails.

So, Gmail works - on port 25.

I can't really explain it all, but it works.

Thanks again!
Steve

kimr55760

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 04:20:33 PM »

for gmail, STLS requires port 25 or 587. I've had better success with 587

allanmwood

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 09:15:05 PM »

I just tried it with
Server address: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587
tick requires a secure connection (StartTLS)
and it worked

I couldn't get it to work with port 25. Might be in my gmail settings.