• April 25, 2024, 12:01:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 1.32NA Build 9 and SharePort on OS X  (Read 4557 times)

Gellule

• Level 1 Member
1.32NA Build 9 and SharePort on OS X
« on: December 16, 2009, 12:03:47 PM »

I'm not having any issue with beta 1.32NA build 9, except with the SharePort feature. I'm on OS X 10.5, using the either Dlink or Silex provided utility, SharePort stops working after a while. I'm trying to run a TimeMachine backup on a large hard drive. as anyone managed to do that? Is there anything that can be done to help besides reporting the issue? Meanwhile, I'll keep turning down more options (beyond Advanced DNS, Wish, QoS...) to see if there are any interactions with other aspects of the router. I'll also give it a try with another hard drive (the one I am using might be a little suspicious).

Regards,

-Gellule

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: 1.32NA Build 9 and SharePort on OS X
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 01:58:59 PM »

Could you be a bit more specific on what actually happens when "SharePort stops working after a while" ?
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Gellule

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »

From the Mac perspective, time machine stalls. I cannot access the hard drive anymore either, and I have to reboot the router to make it work again. On one instance I also noticed a major slowdown of the internet connection while the drive was becoming unresponsive.

Gellule

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »

I just downloaded the latest SX Virtual Link software for mac, ie version 3.3.0 (SXUPTP Driver 1.5.0), and it seems to work much better. I'm only partially through my time machine backup and will report tomorrow. Hopefully it will have completed successfully after ~13.52GB or ~1,000,000 files transfered.

Yay!