• April 24, 2024, 07:03:08 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Do I have to watch the camera through its web page?  (Read 3634 times)

Notworried

• Level 2 Member
Do I have to watch the camera through its web page?
« on: March 18, 2013, 06:11:03 PM »

I have setup all the port forwarding etc. and am able to watch the camera from outside. Problem is it takes me to the web setup page. This creates problems if I want to give the URL to someone else. Is there anyway just to get the picture on an otherwise blank html page?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Do I have to watch the camera through its web page?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:07:23 PM »

I have setup all the port forwarding etc. and am able to watch the camera from outside. Problem is it takes me to the web setup page. This creates problems if I want to give the URL to someone else. Is there anyway just to get the picture on an otherwise blank html page?

I don't own a 930L (and probably never will), but on the 2230/2132L/5222L, this works:

http://outsideIP:EXPOSEDPORT#/image/jpeg.cgi
http://outsideIP:EXPOSEDPORT#/video/mjpg.cgi?profileid=1

all require username/password... which I can setup to something other than Admin.

How many end users are you expecting to view?   If it's more than 10, I think the camera will get overloaded according to stuff I've read here (even on the newer stuff).

Notworried

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:18:56 AM »

It is working, sort of. Using the video option, I am still looking at a still.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

abdsea

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:30:22 AM »

You will need to use a player that is capable of viewing streaming video. I tested with VLC and works. It depends on the device you are viewing from.