• April 26, 2024, 03:50:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: password?  (Read 4167 times)

goerge

password?
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:27:49 AM »

I just got a new computer, installed the wireless n desktop adapter and when i go to connect to the internet, it asks for a pasword.  I have not set a passoword up, and my laptop does not require a password either. anyone know why this is or where i could find out what the password is? i have tried "password" already, it doesn't work.

MasterChiefDutra

Re: password?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 11:42:11 AM »

It actually depends on how its asking for the password. is it asking you as you are trying to connect to the wireless network? if so does it say on your network name weather or not your network is secure? another thing would be to make sure you are connecting to your network and not someone Else's.

If your network is secure and you don't remember the password, there are two options at your disposal. 1. you can attempt to log into the router and look at the wireless settings page to see if it displays the security key, if you can log in but cannot see the key then just change it to some thing you will remember. 2. would be to reset the router to factory settings and see if you can connect to the wireless network at that point-NOTE- if you reset and there are special configurations involved with getting your ISP to work with your router you will need to re configure those settings.