• March 28, 2024, 04:02:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Router rebooting when gaming  (Read 5888 times)

Optix1180

Router rebooting when gaming
« on: October 26, 2007, 12:50:23 PM »

The router will have a tendency to reboot only while gaming with the original firmware 1.00, the latest firmware 1.01 will address this issue.

:)

mcannon-gso

• Level 2 Member
Re: Router rebooting when gaming
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 06:18:41 AM »

When gaming or just connected to the router I experienced reboots every few minutes.
I called D-Link support to encounter that the Tech was not familiar with the DGL-4500, had an accent that was not very understandable at times and got very frustrated quickly.

Every an hour the Tech was so frustrated he told me to return the router that it was faulty. I decided to do some research on this issue and found the problem.
The problem was 2 cables on my network connecting some devices. It seems that this router is mor sensitive than most. Until I changed these cables, the router kept rebooting and I could only connect using 10mbps. I changed these 2 cables out for the new Cat6 and everything seems to be good. The other thing I would suggest is to disable the ALG's on the firewall page. These caused me some reboots using my VoIP and VPN.

So far so good on using this router. The first part was very frustrating, however I hope this helps others in the future.....

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:17:46 AM »

Upgrade the firmware to 1.02.
It will help.
 ;D

Optix1180

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »

Thanks Lycan ..... ;D Keep up the great work..~

mcannon-gso

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »

I have also found that changing your WiFI channel helps. I had upgraded to firmware 1.02 and was still rebooting. my WiFi  channel was set to 1, when I changed it to channel 9 I stopped rebooting. My router has now been up for 2 weeks straight with no issues or reboots..... I think I was receiving interference from some of my neighbors 2.4gz phones.