• April 24, 2024, 07:20:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: night vision lights are not working  (Read 13982 times)

fuzzysig

• Level 1 Member
night vision lights are not working
« on: January 03, 2014, 06:46:28 PM »

so i bought this camera last year. used it for about a month then we moved. it stayed in a box for few months adn i finally installed it again 2 months later the night vision leds stop working.

the night vision mode still works but leds dont light up.
at first they would randomly work then not work at all after a month or so

and the sound is still crap like it was since the begining. i upgraded the firmware once last year(1.06b04)

and it didnt fix the sound problems
also the lack of support about that sound issue is what really annoyed me because it seems like you dont stand behind your products at all.

D-link this product is embarassing to release on the market. it seems like youo havent done any testing at all before you release and just using your customers for testing since you know you still gonna make a profit selling this crap.

im asking for the company to please replace my broken camera or give me a full refund because this is unacceptable.

if theres no action this will be the last of d-link products i bought and not just me but all my family/relatives/friends because they all come to me for computer advice.

its been reset and setup many times and no results

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: night vision lights are not working
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 07:13:27 PM »

Just to be sure night vision is enabled. Log into the web UI and navigate to SETUP > Day/Night Mode > DAY/NIGHT MODE SETTINGS, select Always Night Mode, and press the Save button. The Live Video feed should be in black and white, which is indicative of night mode. Testing the camera during the day should yield a clearly visible black and white image, and testing in the dark should yield nothing if the IR illuminator (red LEDs) are not functioning properly.

D-Link's standard warranty will permit an RMA for acceptable defects for up to one year from the date of purchase.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

fuzzysig

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 10:30:32 PM »

JL if you read my first post it says

the night vision mode still works but leds dont light up.  i donno why you suggesting me to repeat what i already done many times.

im looking for the receipt right now but i doubt i still have it. i have the box.

the thing is.
there are companies that stand behind their products to the end. even when i didnt purchase it from the store they still replaced it with a working product.

now this thing has defects from the begining with crappy sound that so many people complained about

what has D-link done to fix it. did you pull the cameras from the stores to replace them with working cameras? no you kept selling defective cameras because you know most of the consumers wont return them because returns are made to be a great inconvenience to a customer

fuzzysig

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 10:33:18 PM »

just found the receipt and its from jan 01 2012 lol  3 days past warranty...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 05:07:58 AM »

JL if you read my first post it says

the night vision mode still works but leds dont light up.  i donno why you suggesting me to repeat what i already done many times.

I read your post and you were not clear as to the specific tests and conditions used to test night vision. I'm trying to help troubleshoot. You should also try updating (or reinstalling) your firmware, to rule out some corruption issue that may be impacting functionality. In any case, I recommend installing the latest firmware build 1.07 posted as a sticky at the head of this board.

Still, given the symptoms the likelihood is a hardware issue rather than configuration or firmware.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:12:36 AM by JavaLawyer »

fuzzysig

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 06:52:23 PM »

firmware doesnt corrupt over a month period lol it either works or not. it started intermittently and then stopped working completely.

so what can be done about it?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 06:27:51 AM »

As per my earlier post, you haven't elaborated on "how" you tested night mode and concluded that it wasn't working other than restating that the IR illuminator was not visibly active -- the steps you took to arrive at the end result are equally as important as the end result itself. Also, firmware can get corrupted, as I've personally observed this happen. I'm only trying to help, and without additional feedback from your end, there's not much more that I can offer in the way of support.

Presuming the purchase date you previously provided is accurate, the only thing I can say with absolute certainty is that the warranty for your DCS-932L has expired, precluding official channel replacement/repair options.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:54:04 AM by JavaLawyer »

fuzzysig

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »

i dont know what you trying to do but how else can i explain it.

i used to see things at night. and the lights were on
now its pitch black and lights are not working when night vision mode is enabled.

im not ******ed i can find the buttons to manually enable each mode and set up everything..

yes firmware can get corrupted but i can tell the difference im not a computer noob or electronics noob for that matter.. i do know enough to tell where there it a hardware or software failure in most cases...
so what happends if my piece of junk camera stopped working way before the warranty expired.but i had no time to take care of this because i actually had some more important things to do.

by the sound of it if you guys cant own up to this crappy piece of camera is faulty i have no business with d link from now on. if you guys can show that you care about your customers even a little. and have respect for your company name i would like to get this thing replaced with a working camera...

so in short. its up to d link...

and i know you probably thinking about blocking me from posting from this forum( many mods do).

that will only show that you are a dishonest company .

tmobile banned me from their facebook profile because i posted about the real issues they had with their network service and their webpage. they denied the problem for years and finally fixed it in last update... 

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 06:02:31 AM »

I do not work for D-Link, but am a volunteer forum moderator (and engineer myself) doing my best to sort things out for you and others. I've been trying to identify a non-hardware cause to this issue for the simple reason that if it's software related, that's something we can address through self-help. Hardware issues, on the other hand are typically things that end-users can't fix on their own.

At this point I would call D-Link customer service and state your case: 1-888-851-6464

« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:23:36 AM by JavaLawyer »

fuzzysig

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 12:15:09 AM »

ok good to know

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 04:53:23 AM »

If you choose to call D-Link customer support, please post back and let us know how things work out.