• April 17, 2024, 11:29:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Recommend night vision with detect motion sensor camera  (Read 2493 times)

tntlakers

• Level 1 Member
Recommend night vision with detect motion sensor camera
« on: January 09, 2013, 04:04:29 PM »

I'm planning to add about 3 cameras in my house, but having a little trouble understanding the camera specs, so I decided to ask for some help here.

Pretty much I just need a camera with night vision that can detect motion at a distance of 8-12 feet and record it. Can someone please help me. I know that some of the cameras specs say "see up to 15 feet in the dark," does this mean it will detect motion at 15 feet away?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:16:44 PM by tntlakers »

sim

• Level 1 Member
Re: Recommend night vision with detect motion sensor camera
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 05:00:41 PM »

I have the dcs-5222l, says on the box "view up to 15 ft in darkness with IR LEDs".

Now, my camera is behind a window, the IR LED's reflect off the window. I have my IR LEDs covered up and around 4.30PM were it's a bit dark with street lights on I can detect motion in night mode.

Please note it's dark outside but not pitch black, I'm only really posting as I didn't think of the LED light's reflecting off the window before I brought my IP camera, which makes it pointless to have night mode on.

When I first got the camera and tested it out, night mode on and in a large room it detected movement just fine.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:04:51 PM by sim »

tntlakers

• Level 1 Member
Re: Recommend night vision with detect motion sensor camera
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 05:24:22 PM »

Thanks.