• March 28, 2024, 08:45:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Fix to locate sensor inside sump  (Read 5920 times)

ewk

• Level 1 Member
Fix to locate sensor inside sump
« on: February 23, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »

I have a sump pump with a primary and a battery powered secondary pump.  I wanted to generate a water alarm if the primary sump pup failed and the sump water level was high enough to trigger the secondary pump.  However. when I placed the DCH-S161 sensor in the sump condensation formed on the sensor and I would get false alarms.  The solution for this problem was to use doorbell wire and strip it back long enough to wrap each wire around the water sensor strips and strip the other end of the wires. separate them, and place the wire slightly above the primary pump high level.  Works great and solved the problem. 

I would like to see D-Link make an adapter to snap onto the water sensor and people could use it to generate an alarm from within the sump.   It would also allow people to attach the wire to a dry contact to generate alarms.  Example, my son wanted to generate an alarm if his Radon Fan quit. So I had him get a Differential Pressure Switch to install across the fan and connect it to a DCH-S161 changing the Device Name on the DCH-S161 to "Radon Fan".

krajvasek

• Level 1 Member
Re: Fix to locate sensor inside sump
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:27:06 AM »

Hallo, I have similar problem. Can you post some picture or send to email ? THX.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 10:19:21 PM by krajvasek »