• April 16, 2024, 05:35:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS 343 not showing up on network  (Read 3615 times)

jeresmith25

• Level 1 Member
DNS 343 not showing up on network
« on: July 27, 2009, 03:33:35 AM »

I just reinstalled my OS (Vista 64) and for some reason I cannot locate my dns on the network no matter what I try.  Before I reinstalled it worked just fine but now I cant find it anywhere.

I downloaded the drivers but I am not sure how to install them as .dll.  I put them in the windows/system32 folder but not sure how to correctly install them. 

When I try to use easy search I can see my dns with the volume_1 in the drive mapping box but the config and the connect buttons are greyed out. 

I can see the device on the modem site along with all my devices but cant see it on my pc network.

I am kind of new to this stuff so if theres any info I left out that would help let me know and Ill find it and post it.

Thanks for any help with this!!!

jeresmith25

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS 343 not showing up on network
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »

Anyone know what this problem could be??  I cant get to all my media files....lol

hilaireg

• Level 3 Member
Re: DNS 343 not showing up on network
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 04:50:39 AM »

Have a look at the OLED display on the DNS-343 and note the IP Address.  Trying pinging that IP address from your workstation.  If you get a response, try connecting to the DNS-343 administration website (http://###.###.###.###).

If you are successful, note the network configuration information (Workgroup name, IP, etc.).  Compare that information to what is configured on your workstation.  Other than the IP Address, the remaining network configuration (Subnet, Gateway, Workgroup, etc.) should be the same.

If you are using the EasyShare utility (I don't), make sure that any required TCP/UDP ports are not block by the firewall on the workstation.  Also verify that the version of EasyShare you are using is fully compatible with Vista64.

HTH,