• April 18, 2024, 03:46:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: unable to see my wireless network from either iphone 3G, 3GS or 4  (Read 3086 times)

cfremed

• Level 1 Member

I have a wireless network set up at home as an access point.  My laptops can connect to it with no problem.  Security is WPA2, TSIK and AES.  Neither of my iphones (3G, 3GS or 4) can even see the network. If I type the name in manually it still says cannot find the network, even if I'm standing right near the router.

My iphones can connect to other wireless networks with NO problem, both secured and unsecured.  Any suggestions on how to even debug this? I would assume my iphones would at least 'see' the network, even if it was secured. 

Thanks!

cfremed

• Level 1 Member
Re: unable to see my wireless network from either iphone 3G, 3GS or 4
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 07:11:46 PM »

Addendum:  I am using the D-Link DAP1522, ref my previous post.

leshric

• Level 1 Member
Re: unable to see my wireless network from either iphone 3G, 3GS or 4
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »

This may be obvious, but you do know that the iPhones have only 2.4ghz radios right?  So if your DAP-1522 is set to 5ghz, they won't see or be able to connect to the network.

I have an iPhone 4 and it works great with my DAP-1522 set to 2.4ghz 802.11G only.  That's why I have two DAP-1522's, one for the phones set to 2.4ghz, another for the laptops set to 5ghz.