• April 24, 2024, 08:07:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: HELP! One of the slots do not work.  (Read 2599 times)

nick8539

• Level 1 Member
HELP! One of the slots do not work.
« on: October 01, 2009, 09:02:21 PM »

Hello,

So I've had the DNS-323 for a couple of months now with just 1 1TB Hard drive on the right slot. I just purchased another 1TB WD hard drive but it only works also on the right side. I tried putting it on the left but it doesnt recognize it. The LED doesnt turn on and under status it does not recognize it either. I tried putting the old 1 on the left as well and it doesn't work.

So both Hard drives work ok on the right slot but neither work on the left one. Is this a hardware problem? Is there any place to try and fix this? I havent lost any data or anything but would just finally be able to use both slots.

fordem

• Level 10 Member
Re: HELP! One of the slots do not work.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 05:06:14 AM »

I'd say definitely hardware and if it's only a couple of months old, and therefore probably still under warranty, so get it replaced under warranty.

If it's out of warranty - get yourself a small screwdriver and take it apart.

Remove the front and the drives and then turn it around - there are four rubber plugs on the rear panel covering the screws that hold the rear panel in, remove those, remove the rear panel and there are more screws underneath it that hold the guts inside, remove those and slide everything through the front.

There are two "paddle cards" that plug in between the drives and the main board - try reseating them, grab a voltmeter and check for power supply voltages on the drive connectors, I doubt that there is much more than that you can do - unless of course, you have the expertise & the equipment, in which case you probably don't need any further guidance  ;D
RAID1 is for disk redundancy - NOT data backup - don't confuse the two.

amatolf32

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 04:58:04 AM »

Exactly same issue for me... Did you guy have any success?

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 05:26:31 AM »

This seems like a clear case of packing it up and sending it back for warranty repair/replacement.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.