• March 29, 2024, 08:42:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion Detection notifications: Sometimes email, sometimes FTP...  (Read 4286 times)

TD99

• Level 2 Member

Just wondering if any other DCS-930L owners (who have their cameras set to both EMAIL and FTP alerts when motion is detected) are experiencing inconsistencies with the ratio of alerts received.

In other words, sometimes when motion is detected, I'll get just 1 email and around 20 images on my FTP server. Other times, it's the other way around. There's no pattern or consistency. Sometimes I'll get a dozen FTP'd images an no email alert, while other times I'll get 25 emails and nothing on the FTP server.

I have a hunch that the little CPU inside these cameras are running at capacity and simply cannot keep up with both emailing and FTP'ing images simultaneously. Thoughts?

Tarv

• Level 2 Member
Re: Motion Detection notifications: Sometimes email, sometimes FTP...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »

The camera will save the snapshots to FTP at the interval which you set on the setup page.

For email, it seems that it only sends a snapshot at the first point it detects motion in the area and the trigger isn't reset until the area is cleared.

For example, on one camera I have a small spot in the center and that camera generally sends an email every time someone walks by.  Another camera I have the entire area set to detect motion, and that one only sends an email when someone enters the area, if they leave for a few seconds and come back I get another one.

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:42:27 AM »

The camera will save the snapshots to FTP at the interval which you set on the setup page.

Sorry, but you are incorrect. There are 3 choices. You can set FTP up for either "Always", on a "Schedule", or for "Motion Detection".

I am using the "Motion Detection" option so images are uploaded when motion is detected.

Tarv

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:35:53 PM »

On the DCS-1130 when you select Motion Detection it also lets you select an interval, seems this is different.  Sorry, that is what I was describing.

Your initial post describes exactly what I see when using the motion detection feature on the DCS-1130.