• March 28, 2024, 02:27:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't access video thru mydlink.com  (Read 4052 times)

ccview

• Level 1 Member
Can't access video thru mydlink.com
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »

We have DCS-930 setup at home and we have no issue viewing video from company laptop at home, using Firefox, Chrome, or IE; or from my phone. However, I have issues viewing video on the same laptop when I am in office behind firewall. I have tried different web browsers and got different results:

:) IE - I can successfully get ActiveX installed and get video after specifying direct proxy settings

??? Firefox - Even with the same direct proxy settings, the Live Video screen never get pass the Java applet installation: it shows that the install is completed (the running circle gone) and I got the zoom-in / zoom-out buttons. But the video box just flashed and gone

??? Chrome - Similar behavior as Firefox except that the running circle never stops and Chrome came back with a message that the page is not responding

I guess the java applet install is not running properly - but what other settings I need to get it working correctly? Is there another option (like a desktop app that is proxy aware) that I can install on my laptop? I am running Windows 7.

Thanks.

ccview

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't access video thru mydlink.com
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »

And, my preference is to get it working from Firefox so I can dedicate this browser for viewing video (as Firefox doesn't share proxy settings with IE / Chrome)