• April 24, 2024, 07:07:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dir655 and FTP on Readynas Duo  (Read 3568 times)

Smurf1975

• Level 1 Member
Dir655 and FTP on Readynas Duo
« on: December 19, 2009, 03:11:03 PM »

I have made a reservation on the IP for my NAS
I can login at the ftp from a internal computer on my network, but NOT external computer
I have (I hope) made a portforward

I have also tried to add my dyndns account to use xxxxx.mine.nu to my NAS without success.

Anyone know how to setup my DLINK?

/Smurf

Krusher

• Level 2 Member
Re: Dir655 and FTP on Readynas Duo
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:49:02 PM »

It looks like you set it up right offhand; I port forwarded 80 (web) to my ReadyNAS NV+ in the past and it worked fine.

Are you sure that your ISP allows FTP?  This might be blocked, and you'd have to set up FTP on an alternate port.  They can also do stateful packet inspection, so if they really don't want you to do it...you can't without great efforts.

Smurf1975

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 06:56:29 AM »

I have had a FTP before but on a computer. Then it was no problem to use my dyndns setup and direct it to port 21

Krusher

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 06:50:54 PM »

Well...you know how to set up the router then, because it was working before on a PC.

Can you check the router logs to see what shows up, and at the same time, I would also try looking at /var/logs/proftpd.log on the ReadyNAS.  In order to do this, you'll have to enable SSH on the ReadyNAS box with the add-on if you haven't done so already, and then login as root.

EDIT: You should also see your LAN logins, and if there are any errors on the ReadyNAS; they'd likely be in /var/log/messages.  You might also want to reboot the router, just in case it looks like it saved, but didn't.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 07:03:02 PM by Krusher »