• April 16, 2024, 02:19:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Replaced drive, now can't log in to volume  (Read 2480 times)

CactusJack

• Level 1 Member
Replaced drive, now can't log in to volume
« on: January 20, 2011, 05:02:19 PM »

My DNS-321 has two 1TB drives in RAID 1 array.  One drive was giving a lot of errors, so I replaced it.  The NAS formatted the drive and seemed to rebuild the array successfully.  Now, I'm unable to log in to the volume.  I've received a couple of different errors: "The user ID or password was incorrect" and "Network path not found."  I'd saved the configuration previously, so I restored that.  Still cannot access.  I've power cycled the NAS several times.

Anyone ever experience this?  Anyone know how I can fix the problem?

Thanks,
Jack

Loyd B

• Level 1 Member
Re: Replaced drive, now can't log in to volume
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:27:10 PM »

Just went through this myself.  Ended up click the "Advanced" tab, and select "Network Access". in the column on the left.

Scroll down to the "Access List" at the bottom.  Volume_1 or your drive name should be listed there.  If it is not scroll up to "Network Access Settings" and add your drive.

Hope that helps

CactusJack

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:57:16 PM »

Volume_1 DOES appear under "SMB Access List", with my login name having read/write access.

Jack

CactusJack

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 05:58:41 AM »

Well, I think I've fixed it.  I discovered that the unit had created an additional volume named "Volume_1-1."  I could access that volume successfully, but could not access the default "Volume_1."  I deleted "Volume_1-1" and was then able to access the default volume successfully.  Weird.

Jack