The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-960L

Motion detection alerts stop being retriggered

(1/3) > >>

Watcher:
I have noticed a problem with motion detection and sending of alerts. I have the following setup:
- Snapshot -> Trigger by Motion Always -> 6 snapshots with 1 sec interval -> Target Email
- SD Recording -> Trigger by Motion Always -> Video 1min per file, Cyclic.

After a few events (can't determine how many, somewhere in the range of  5 to 30), the camera stops sending new emails and does not record new motion events to SD. Disabling and re-enabling the checkbox in the Motion Detection tab (clearing and redefining the detection area in the process) does not help. The only thing that restarts recording of events is a reboot of the camera.

Similar setups work fine on DCS-2630L and DCS-2332L

EDIT: May be related to the question posted here: http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=66661.0

Camera data:
Firmware Version    v1.04.02
Hardware Version   A1
Agent Version           2.1.0-b46

FurryNutz:
Can you change the interval setting to something higher and see if anything changes?

Watcher:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on July 03, 2017, 10:08:05 AM ---Can you change the interval setting to something higher and see if anything changes?

--- End quote ---

The only two options for interval are 1 and 2 seconds. I've set it to 2 and rebooted the camera.
There again were not motion event sent to email or recorded to SD since this morning, even though there was a lot of movement in front of the camera in the afternoon.
The last emailed and SD-recorded events have the same timestamp, which points to a problem with motion detection trigger itself.

FurryNutz:
Can you erase the SD card and test again. I would also try a factory reset and set up from scratch.

If this continues, I recommend contacting D-Link support about it.

Watcher:
The SD card was freshly-formatted.
2-sec interval didn't help. Had again 2 events from this morning, then - nothing for the whole day.
I'll try a factory reset on the week-end, though I just set up this camera.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version