The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-320

Change volume name and/or share name

(1/2) > >>

perazim:
Running DNS-320 v2.00

How does one change the default Volume Name and/or Share Name?

I have several units and therefore duplicate names.

Thanks,

Perazim

JavaLawyer:
Unfortunately, the names "Volume_1" and "Volume_2" are fixed not modifiable.  I use the IP address and/or mapped drive letter to distinguish between Volumes with the same name on my ShareCenters.

perazim:
I am using these with a MVIX player that only shows "Volume_1" with no ip or way to distinguish differences :-(

boedjel:
Actually there is a workaround for this issue, just follow these steps below:

1. From the web admin GUI (my firmware is v2.0), click Management -> Account Management -> Network Shares.
2. Click on New, then Next.
3. Click on Volume_1 (or Volume_2, depends on which volume you'd like to share), it will show sub folder(s) under that volume.
4. Tick one of the sub folder's checkbox, or click on New if you'd like to create a new folder, then click Next.
5. Follow the wizard (select users, access rights, etc), until finish.
6. We'll be back on Network Shares Settings form. Click on Volume_1 (or Volume_2), then click Delete.

That's all folks...

perazim:
This workaround did not work for me. I also show v2.0 firmware but when I get to the point where I should check one of the folders to share or create a new folder, none of these options are available just selecting Volume_1. Sure you have firmware v2.0?

Perazim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version