• May 20, 2024, 02:12:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connections randomly drop  (Read 6129 times)

hematose

• Level 1 Member
Connections randomly drop
« on: May 29, 2009, 05:42:31 AM »

Greetings,

I have a DIR-625 rev A with the latest (1.09) firmware.
With it, I am using the built in Wireless N card on my motherboard (Azureware AW-NA830), an Acer Laptop with some built in wireless G device and an HP TC1100 with another wireless G device.

I tried configuring everything with WPA, WEP etc. but the performance was brutal and I was constantly loosing the link. I've now switched over to MAC access control which I'm fine with and the performance, even over N is what I expect it to be.

There is still one really annoying problem. Every few hours (anywhere from 1 h to 48h) all of the computers loose their connection. I can cause them to reconnect by disabling/enabling the wireless devices on each computer; I don't have to reboot the router. If it were just one computer doing this, I wouldn't think the router was involved, but since all of them seem to go simultaneously, the only common link is the router.

Does anyone have any ideas?

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: Connections randomly drop
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 07:28:31 AM »

The router is not also the common factor.  What is the anti-virus software your are using?

I experienced this when using Norton security software (360 and Internet Security 2009.)  When I was using these, the software seems to "force" the wireless adapter to be "deauthenticated" at the router.  You might be able to get this to be stable by telling your security software to trust the wireless SSID name, besides the gateway IP address.

hematose

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 02:15:49 PM »

Thanks for the reply.

I'm actually not using any antivirus software on my computers, so I don't think that's it. I haven't been able to find the moment in the logs yet, but when I do, I'll post it.

hematose

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 05:15:48 AM »

The problem seems to be happening more frequently now. I have checked the logs of both my computer and the router and I can't seem to find anything indicating the moment when the connection drops. I've also noticed that after the connection drops, I can still see other networks on my computer. Maybe this suggests a problem with the basestation.

Gris

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 01:05:59 PM »

Yep, I've had this problem too where the connection is dropped and then other unknown pc's show up.  Ever find a fix?

vumfp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »

i've the same problem for quite some time.

disabled AV, yet still same problem

i always have to use the dlink sw client to "reactivate". annoying really but better than calling support