• April 18, 2024, 07:59:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2132L - Firmware v1.01.10 Comments & Observations  (Read 28453 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-2132L - Firmware v1.01.10 Comments & Observations
« on: June 26, 2013, 05:03:37 AM »

D-Link published DCS-2132L firmware version 1.01.10 which can be downloaded from the D-Link Taiwain site: DCS-2132L_A1_FW_V1.01.10.rar.

Please post your comments and observations here!!!  :)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-2132L - Firmware v1.01.10 Comments & Observations
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 05:31:48 AM »

Release Notes:

Firmware: 1.01.10 - Date: 06/18/2013

• [New Feature] Upgrade to UPnP v1.6.18
  • [Bug Fix] Remove the default account "guest"
  • [Bug Fix] RTSP Authentication is enabled by default

MacUser

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 03:54:17 PM »

Any problems with this FW ?    Is it mandatory to upgrade ?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:35:25 PM »

Is it mandatory to upgrade ?

Mandatory? No, unless any of the items listed in the change log are critical to how you use the camera.

MacUser

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 06:39:58 PM »

Good.   Now for those of use who do not wish to upgrade, how can one eliminate the firmware upgrade notice each and every time one logs onto mydlink ?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 06:11:47 AM »

Although not mandatory, upgrading the firmware is recommended. There is presently no means of disabling the upgrade messaging.

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 09:58:08 AM »

A couple new observations regarding the 1.01.10 FW release:

1. When locally streaming the video from a http port via a web browser (I use IE10) the new UI has now a talk button (a mic symbol), but when using https protocol with same IP address the talk button is missing. And more importantly, the MyDlink Advanced Settings interface always uses https, which means that you cannot establish two-way audio when using the Advanced Settings interface in remote connection -> the only possibility seems to be the talk button in the Live Video window, which to my experience seems to be rather unreliable and you also have to compromise the video resolution, etc.

2. When I upgraded to version 1.01.10 the already bad audio quality became even worse. Now I cannot practically use the audio at all, because it is cutting and clicking so much. Unfortunately the camera is in my holiday house more than 1000km away so I cannot easily switch back to the earlier FW version  :-[ One thing came to my mind however: when I upgraded the FW I didn't remove and reinstall the camera to the MyDlink cloud service by using the latest installation wizard and this might be one possible reason for this problem. I'm going to camera location next time in early October and then I will try to remove and reinstall the camera by using the latest wizard. Let's hope that it helps, otherwise I may have to switch back to the original 1.00.06 FW version, where the audio seems to work much better.

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 03:44:07 AM »

Some updates:

It really seems that the audio with the 1.01.10 FW is much worse than with the original 1.00.x version. I was able to test this because I own three DCS-2132L cameras and two of those are more easily accessible than the one that I have in my holiday house. The audio works pretty well within a local LAN (via both the MyDlink interface and direct web access), but in remote mode over the Internet the audio is really bad (= cutting the stream so that it is practically impossible to get any understanding what is happening at the other end) .

I also tried to play with the CoS and QoS settings of the camera (prioritizing the audio stream higher than the others), but with no apparent effect in audio quality (or in any other aspect for that matter).

It seems that I have no other option than to downgrade the FW back to the 1.00.06 version unless D-Link provides a fix to this problem in near future  >:(

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 10:11:45 AM »

After further investigations it seems that the audio behaviour is basically nothing else than a bandwidth issue. i.e. my 512k ADSL upstream bandwidth is not enough for carrying H.264 (800x450) video and G.726 audio simultaneously. I use 7fps frame rate and fixed "good" (= lowest) quality by default, and even reducing the frame rate to 1fps doesn't improve the audio quality. What is very interesting though, is that with MPEG4 compression and otherwise similar parameters you can make the audio work much better. The image quality obviously isn't that good. I'm absolutely sure that with the original 1.00.06 FW the audio with H.264 compression and same parameter settings was better, so something critical has changed with the latest FW version that relates to the audio and video stream multiplexing and priorization. Let's hope that D-Link can fix this issue soon.

oranges

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »

My IR stopped working with this firmware.

UPDATE:

This may have been a false alarm. Someone may have thrown a cover over the camera. In any case I down graded my firmware to .08 I do believe it caused issues with my IR, though I not 100% sure.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:50:03 AM by oranges »
DIR-655 Router
Buffallo Linkstation Live 1TB
DCS-932L
DCS-2132L

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 06:01:15 AM »

Can other DCS-2132L owners validate the reported audio issue and IR issue stated in the previous posts on this thread?

fliebe

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »

When activate the IR light its become red only for 30 sec. after that become off and on every 2 seconds.

Where i can find older FW to try?

Best regards

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic