• April 19, 2024, 03:33:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Configuring a DFL-210 to allow remote OpenVPN client to chat to local computer  (Read 15081 times)

danilovav

• Level 4 Member
  • Alexandr Danilov

Make route into "main" routing table.
BR, Alexandr Danilov

djm

• Level 1 Member

That did the trick.  I thought that a routing group was just a way of grouping related routes but that they had the same result as if on the main routing table.  Obviously not the case.

Thanks everyone for their help.

P.S. I tried to post this last entry many times but kept getting "database errors".

streen

• Level 1 Member

Hi!

I know it's been some time but I'm still having great difficulties with exactly the same situation as djm. It's been almost 48 hours configuring but no luck or anything at all.

Client connects just fine to server (which is in lannet 192.168.1.0/24 as 192.168.1.2) so my SAT and allow rules should be okey. Ovpn routed virtual network is 10.8.51.0/24 and my ovpn server gets the ip 10.8.51.1 and client 10.8.51.6. I have also set following IP-rules:

1. FwdFast lan/allnets lan/allnets all_services
2. Allow any/lannet any/ovpnnet all_services
3. Allow any/ovpnnet any/lannet all_services

Also I have in main routing table following:

Route Lan 10.8.51.0/24 192.168.1.2 with metric 2 and no local ip address or monitoring.

When I check my active routing table I can see the above route but nothing works. If I ping from client to 10.8.51.1 or anything else it just gets dropped with default_ruleset. src/dest. ip:s show in logs 10.8.51.6/10.8.51.1. I guess I'm missing something essential because my routes obviously doesn't work.

Sry I don't have any screenshots or log entries until tomorrow but I would appreciate if somebody could help me with this.

djm

• Level 1 Member

I had 4 locations that I needed the same setup.  Each had slightly different setup and configurations in the DFL-210.  With one site I had to remove some rules I already had to enable it to work.  Maybe you too have some pre-existing rules that are causing a hindrance.
Pages: 1 [2]