• March 29, 2024, 06:53:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: SPA2102 VOIP PHONE CANNOT BE CONNECTED BEHIND DIR615 with H/W C1  (Read 17739 times)

den

• Level 1 Member

I tried to hook up my voip phone (spa2102) to the dir-615 (hardware : C1 , frameware : 3.11NA)  I can sync up the voip.  However, no successful in coming and out going call can be made.  The sympton is -

Outgoing call - death silence, the destination party no ring tone.
Incoming call - ring, after off-hook, it is silence. the calling party always hear ring tone even the called party pick up the phone.

I have tried - disable the SPI, upnp, sip, ..., .

Is ther anything I can try?  Please advice and Thanks in advance.

gerritv

• Level 1 Member
Re: SPA2102 VOIP PHONE CANNOT BE CONNECTED BEHIND DIR615 with H/W C1
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 07:23:05 PM »

Hi
Your only solution, if you want to keep the 615, is to revert back to a previous version of the firmware. In this section of the forum are my intructions to accomplish this, inspite of Dlink stating that you can't go back below 3.11.

(Been there, done that, gave up on Dlink. Reverted to 3.01 and now have my PBX In A Flash working again. Next time I need a router I will also be checking on upnp status, again the dir 615 is useless with that.)

gworkman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 08:14:22 PM »

Why not put the VOIP in front of the router.  I put my Phone Power box in front of the router and let it sign on with PPPoE then set the DIR615 as in the DMZ.

argonman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 01:32:17 PM »

I'm not sure who your VOIP provider is with that SPA2102 but the company I work for (small ISP in Southern Oregon) uses the Linksys SPA2102 as well.  The way we have it setup -- you CANNOT MAKE IT WORK VIA NAT so that may be one thing your VOIP provider has done as well.

You might make sure your SPA2102 has the latest firmware, too.  I know when I log into my 2102 now it says 'Cisco Configuration Utility' so it's pretty new.

You also might want to confirm with your VOIP provider that they allow the VOIP to work with NAT and/or find out what adjustments you need to make to make your VOIP work through NAT.

• If the ISP modem has a built in router, it's best to bridge the modem. Having 2 routers on the same line can cause connection problems: Link>Double NAT and How NAT Works. Call the ISP and ask to see if the ISP modem can be bridged. To tell if the modem is bridged or not, look at the routers web page, Status/Device Info/Wan Section, if there is a 192.168.0.# address in the WAN IP address field, then the modem is not bridged. If the modem can't be bridged then see if the modem has a DMZ option and input the IP address the router gets from the modem and put that into the modems DMZ. Also check the routers DHCP IP address maybe conflicting with the ISP modems IP address of 192.168.0.1. Check to see if this is the same on the ISP modem, and if modem can't be bridged, change the DIR router to 192.168.1.1 or .0.254.
    Example of a D-Link router configured for PPPoE with ISP Modem bridged: PPPoE Configuration on a Router

Also if your router is before the VoIP devcie, try setting the VoIP devices IP address in to the routers DMZ. Most cases DMZ will fix this issue.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:53:15 AM by FurryNutz »

genesis

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 07:04:25 AM »

I have vonage and it is working fine with the dir 615 revision B. My vonage is installed after the router.

argonman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »

I believe Vonage is NAT friendly.

oneny

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 04:03:24 PM »

I'm with voipyourlife,having the same issue,have dial tone ,can make and recieve calls but unable to hear anything when call is answered,is this issue router specific.

Andy_NY

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:38:52 AM »

Great news.  On 3/8/2010 they released firmware update 3.12NA for the DIR-615.  It resolves the following issues
¤ Fixed: “User” access issue.
¤ Fixed: Wireless connection issue.
¤ Fixed: DHCP reservation issue.
¤ Fixed: Static IP issue

I just loaded the new firmware and now my IP phone works behind this router!!

Time will tell if it resolves the wireless connection and DHCP reservation issues that so many complain about.

rwmarch

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 11:12:46 AM »

My experience confirms the findings in this thread.

I had the same problem with an SPA2102 VOIP adapter behind a DIR615 version C1 router.  The VOIP account was registering at the provider and incoming calls would ring the telephone but no communication possible on incoming or outgoing calls.  On another non-DLink network the VOIP adapter had worked OK.

Upgraded the firmware from 3.10 to 3.12 and the problem went away.  VOIP is now fully functional.