• March 28, 2024, 01:54:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DIR-655 LG BD-370 network Blueray Netflix Streaming  (Read 73068 times)

Ridge Runner

• Level 1 Member
DIR-655 LG BD-370 network Blueray Netflix Streaming
« on: September 16, 2009, 09:26:07 AM »

Roar Runner internet provider  18Mbit/sec from Kingston, NY to NY,NY cable modem is an ARRIS
      BD370 connect to router via Ethernet cable
      Dell XPS Quad core Vista connected to router via Ethernet cable

Router info  4 months old
      Hardware version : A4
      Firmware version : 1.32NA

Have hooked BD-370 directly to cable modem and works perfectly

Streaming movie is only successful about 1 in 6 times

Power on BD 370
      get red Netflix screen on TV
      get message downloading queue from Netflix on TV
      queue is loaded and one can chose movie to watch, click on it on TV
      info about movie is displayed and 3 choices are provided, play movie, remove movie start movie over
      click on movie
      5 out of 6 time get no connection available with static ip address
      works about 1 out of 100 times if dynamic addressing is used

Dynamic ip address range is  192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.199
      Static ip address set to 192.168.0.25
      port forwarding set for tcp and udp to 80,443
      set dmz on for 192.168.0.25
      WAN port speed auto

BD 370 static ip address  192.168.0.25
      Subnet mask                 255.255.255.0
      default Gateway            192.168.0.1
      default DNS                   192.168.0.1

With these above settings and only using static ip address i have tried following and streaming fails 5 out of 6 times
      port forwarding 0-9999
      enabled WAN ping respond
      WAN port speed set to 100Mbps
      enabled Multicast streams
      disabled SPI

any suggestions would me much appreciated

thks   Jerry

Ridge Runner

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-655 LG BD-370 network Blueray Netflix Streaming
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:13:53 AM »

D-link support had me remove the port forwarding definition and only use DMZ and is working fine now.

I'm watching the series Emergency. I have already watched episode 7, but Netflix thinks thats the next one to watch and if i try to watch it, get connection failed. Which seems like a misleading message. I was able to access episode 6 and 8 ok.

mtooher

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 08:28:12 AM »

I am having the exact same issues with a different model. A brand new LG LHB 953. I've tried every posted solution here and can't get the damn thing to work.Tech Support is blaming LG but about 1 time out of 20 it connects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jpm67

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 03:46:56 PM »

Try these settings on the router

Under Advanced --> QOS engine --> QOS engine setup
Uncheck "Dynamic Fragmentation"

Advanced --> Firewall Settings
Uncheck "Enable anti-spoof checking"

Under Advanced --> Advanced Wireless -->Advanced Wireless Settings:
Uncheck "Short GI"

Under Advanced --> Secure Spot
Uncheck "Enable Securespot services"

Under Setup --> Internet --> Manual Internet Connection Setup:
Uncheck "Enable Advanced DNS Service"

Under Setup --> Network Settings --> Router Settings:
Uncheck "Enable DNS Relay"

Under Setup --> Network Settings --> DHCP Server Settings:
Check "Always Broadcast"

Under Setup --> USB Settings:
Set "My USB type" to WCN Configuration

Under Setup --> Wireless Settings --> Manual Wireless Network Setup:
Set 802.11 Mode to Mixed n,g,b
Check "Enable Auto Channel Scan"
Set "Transmission rate" to Best (automatic)
Set "channel width" to 20
Set "Visibility Status" to visible

Ridge Runner

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 06:19:21 AM »

Even after above settings the connection to Netflix only worked about 33% of the time. Then found the following item  http://rhftech.com/blog/2009/05/lg-bd370-blu-ray-player-connects-to-the-internet-finally/   which talks about dns and port forwarding. With bd-370 in DMZ I tried port forwarding of 32768 to bd-370 and set primary dns to 208.67.222.222 and secondary dns to 208.67.222.220 in dir-655. same problem persisted.

Then went to setup on bd-370, which has a static route of 192.168.0.25, and changed the dns setting from 192.168.0.1 (router dir655) to  208.67.222.222, powered off the bd-370 and back on and i was able to access 4 movies in a row without failure. Maybe this finally fixed it. With this change the first red netfix logo went from 15 to 18 seconds on screen to 5 seconds.

Left new primary and secondary dns in router as it made computer access to sites faster.

jejolley

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 08:56:02 PM »

It is amazing how long it took to get my LG BD-370 up on NetFlix.  I purchased the box on 12/21/09.  The box was made in April '09 and needed a software update immediately.  (Guess that was why it was a good deal, a lot of inventory they wanted to unload.)  Anyway, the BD-370 worked immediately on my old Belkin pre-N router (~4-5 years old) but not fast.  So I purchased a new Dlink DIR-655 - and no workee!  I would eventually get a partial NetFlix screen with my instant plays, but no images, just blank boxes.  I finally found these posts and made the following changes.  ( I have not taken the time to see if any of the following changes are unnecessary.) 

Updated the DIR-655 router firmware to the 1.32NA level from the 1.21 firmware level.
I made most of the router configuration changes mentioned in the above posts.  Still no workee. 
I reserved the "static" IP address of the BD-370 in the DHCP server so nothing will get that address. 
I set the BD-370 IP for the router's DMZ.
I set port forwarding for 32768 TCP and UDP - (I have not looked at the network traffic to see what is really happening).   
I made the static IP changes on the BD-370 and set the DNS to 208.67.222.222 (which is resolver1 at opendns.com)
You need both remotes for the TV (LG) and the player to update the IP addresses.  You need to use the keypad on the TV remote to input the IP addresses - Don't know what I would have done if I had had a Sony or other remote.   It now works.

Why Dlink or NetFlix does not have this as a tutorial on their sites is crazy.

eagle1eye

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 10:08:19 AM »

Success, problem gone.  I spent days trying to get my D-link Dir 655 to stream video thru my new LG BD370, each day I tried I could only get 1 movie to play (with great difficulty doing so) and then after that...no more.  After talking to tech after tech a fantastic guy at the local computer store told me that D-Link and LG are NOT FRIENDS.  He suggested a new router...NETGEAR N series (there were three different models at Radio Shack and  I went with the most basic that was on sale for $60, also getting the 1 year return protection for $9).  Hook the baby up and low and behold.........Netflix streaming on very first try (didn't even have to set up the Dynamic IP, was done automatically).   I started movie after movie (not watching just stopping and starting a new one to test.)   EVERY SINGLE TIME THE MOVIE PLAYED!!!!  D-Link, kiss my ass... :-*

Calkidd

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 03:59:54 PM »

I was having the same problem but found that if you set the static IP to 192.168.0.99 and the DNS to 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 in the network setup then I was able to connect without any problems.

I have AT&T Yahoo Elite 6mbs upload, but I can barely get half the bars in quality when viewing a movie.  This should not be the problem as it hsould be full HD when viewing.

ThrowingChicken

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 05:37:27 PM »

Hello all,

I signed up here just to thank you all for figuring this out.  I also wanted to point out to jejolley that your LG BD370 player remote does indeed have numbers on it.  Slide the bottom cover down to expose more buttons.   ;)

jtsuser

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 07:35:18 PM »

I had the very same issues with my DIR655.   It just would not connect with my LG BD390 for Netflix or VUDU.   Just for kicks I connected a Netgear router WNR2000 and lo and behold everything worked perfectly without changing any settings.   Thankfully the DIR was almost new and I was able to return it to Best Buy.       THe DLINK DIR655 was working fine with all my computers just fine.   I had spent the better part of a day trying everything I could imagine with the D Link. 

lgnohlp

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »

tkx jpm67

i was looking for help with an LG 42LH50 HDTV--an internet enabled device like the blu-ray player in this thread--a google search brought me to this forum--thankfully as LG tech support was not helpful. The 42LH50 is a wired device so i omitted references to wireless setups.

credit jpm67:
Under Advanced --> QOS engine --> QOS engine setup
Uncheck "Dynamic Fragmentation"

Advanced --> Firewall Settings
Uncheck "Enable anti-spoof checking"

Under Advanced --> Secure Spot
Uncheck "Enable Securespot services"

Under Setup --> Internet --> Manual Internet Connection Setup:
Uncheck "Enable Advanced DNS Service"

Under Setup --> Network Settings --> Router Settings:
Uncheck "Enable DNS Relay"

Under Setup --> Network Settings --> DHCP Server Settings:
Check "Always Broadcast"

i included -set port forwarding for 32768 TCP and UDP- from jejolley post

i did not change the DNS server setting on the HDTV or router as suggested.

i put the device on DMZ and enable static ip address.

Hooray--i was finally able to watch a netflix movie on the 42LH50 after weeks of fruitless effort.
phone/email support from the vendors involved was not useful. Reply were of the "make sure the unit is plugged in" variety. Fantastic router none the less. Thanks again to posters.  Paul :)

ABW

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 08:49:59 AM »

I called LG for assistance with this same issue, no Netflix streaming, and frequent loss of internet connectivity. The support technician, while polite, was truly helpless with clever solutions like unplug the player.

I experimented with the many suggestion on this forum, and discovered, with my D-link DIR-655 router, that the simple solution of using a static DNS address was the only modification required.

I used the OpenDNS addresses, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. With this static DNS address (dynamic IP addressing is still enabled), performance was excellent.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:52:19 AM by ABW »

Graveyard

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 03:30:38 PM »

My BD-370 worked great with all auto settings for 6 months or better.  Then I began messing with settings to help increase my wireless connections and then couldn't get a good connection for netflix at all after that.
I assigned static ips and tried all the suggestions on the site here with no success until I tried the open dns numbers ....WOW!  It's much better than auto settings and it connects now 100% of the time.
I just received my pcmia dir-652 wireless adapter and now getting 270-300 mbps on my old Dell 9300 Inspiron.  Thanks Abw, I had never heard of the open dns addresses before.
Later,
Graveyard

war59312

• Level 3 Member
    • Will's Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 08:32:31 PM »

Sounds like your guys ISP dns sucks ass, which is why when using openDNS servers the problem is fixed. :)

Mine, TWC, does so, that's why I have been using OpenDNS the day they opened shop.

If you guys want to make it even faster than download a copy of BIND9 and use OpenDNS with it so you can cache the results. :D
God Bless America

Graveyard

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2010, 12:11:03 PM »

Sorry to sound stupid but I have a couple of questions please.
Where do the opendns numbers come into play? I didn't download or subscribe to anything...I just used the same numbers in the post previous to mine.  Are these standard open dns ports that work with any provider?

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2