• April 24, 2024, 10:49:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-615 Firmware Ver. 2.24 Fails to load  (Read 8403 times)

ChillyWilly

DIR-615 Firmware Ver. 2.24 Fails to load
« on: December 21, 2007, 01:42:33 PM »

Hello,

I have had this router for a week or so and so far its working great. I updated the router with the latest version that was up last week which was 2.23. They just posted some new firmware ver. 2.24 and I am unable to update it. I get a message tellling me that the file is either corrupt or the router is too busy. I tried many time, wired and wireless and from two different pc's with no luck.

Anybody else have this issue, there might be something wrong with the file that was posted.

Thanks,

tisz

Re: DIR-615 Firmware Ver. 2.24 Fails to load
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 11:46:40 AM »

iv had this issue a few times,

make sure your directly connected to the router and not connected wireless.

if it still fails reboot your pc and power cycle the router and try again.

Its happened to me both times iv updated the firmware and ended up doing the reboot and reset to get it to take.

Golf11

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 07:41:38 PM »

Hello,

I have had this router for a week or so and so far its working great. I updated the router with the latest version that was up last week which was 2.23. They just posted some new firmware ver. 2.24 and I am unable to update it. I get a message tellling me that the file is either corrupt or the router is too busy. I tried many time, wired and wireless and from two different pc's with no luck.

Anybody else have this issue, there might be something wrong with the file that was posted.

Thanks,

where did you get this new firmware? I just bought mine today and when I go to the site the olny firmware there is 1.10. I'm having major problems with connecting with this thing and I'm planning on taking it back, this is so frustrating...i feel like I"m beta testing a product I've spent good money on.

Klom Dark

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 01:35:28 PM »

Go to http://support.dlink.com/products/revision.asp and check your hardware revision, then click the appropriate link for the upgraded firmware.

If you have hardware version A1, looks like you are out of luck, they only have 1.10 up for it.

Under hardware version B2, they are up to 2.24. BestBuy is currently selling the B2 version, although you cannot tell until you open the box. :(

(I'm thinking that putting 2.24 on A1 would be a recipe for turning your router into a brick)

-------------------
Added

Oops, looks like the link above requires some session data indicating the product ID or it bombs.

Try this instead:
http://support.dlink.com/downloads/

and pick DIR and 615 for the product, then you'll get to the right place. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 03:39:43 PM by Klom Dark »

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 04:40:31 PM »

If the router reports a "too busy" message, then you'll want to make sure you restore the unit to factory defaults.

ChillyWilly

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 08:45:20 PM »

Thanks for all the input, I will try your suggestions. Is it worth resetting to go from 2.23 to 2.24 or screw it? or is it just minor improvements?

Thanks, :)

Klom Dark

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »

I'm using 2.24 and it seems pretty solid, I never used 2.23, upgraded from 2.21, so I don't know how different 2.23 and 2.24 are. But the revision info says:

• Added PPtP and IPSec ALG Support.
  • Added SIP and RTSP ALG Support.

• Enhanced DHCP WAN Interoperability.

• Implemented Yahoo Widget Support.
  • Added Website Blocking Feature.
  • Added Wireless Broadcast Scheduling.
  • Passes 802.11n Draft 2.0 WiFi certification.
  • Passes WiFi Protected Setup certification

DLCPTS

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 01:12:39 PM »

If you want to know what hardware version a Dlink router is before you buy it... look for the white sticker with the bar codes.  It will say something like H/W Ver: A1... ect.  The H/W number is the version, the F/W number is the current firmware version.  The sticker will be found on the outside of all boxes.  People usually cut it off to send it in for rebates though.   Hope it helps...  ;D