• March 28, 2024, 01:28:22 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-932l wireless not working  (Read 130826 times)

jdthird

• Level 1 Member
DCS-932l wireless not working
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »

I have a new 932 I just got.  Fired up the CD, finds the unit alright, connects without a problem when wired.  In the setup, it found my 802.11n network, i set the encryption and everything, and it just tells me it couldn't set the network settings.  Being an IT director who has done network engineering for decades, I've got a bunch of older hardware laying around, so when I couldn't get it going on my apple airport extreme, I set up an old Dlink, same problem.  Set up an old 3com, same thing.  Set up a Linksys, same thing.  802.11 b, g, and n on different units, all fail.
I can run the SE setup wizard fine as well, and set it all in that way, encryption key is correct, type is correct, and it simply never will connect.  These were all tried one at a time, so interference or anything should've been minimal.  The unit always sees the networks fine, mine as well as a couple in the neighborhood, but it just flat out refuses to connect.
I see there's no firmware updates for this model yet, since I"m sitting at 1.0 and there are no firmware update links on its support page.
Wired, I can get to the devices webpage just fine, see live video, and all the settings there are correct, and site survey shows my wireless signal at 100%.  But status always shows link:no
It's set up infrastructure, not ad-hoc.

Any suggestions? This is my third IP security camera I've ordered from Amazon in the last 6 days trying to find something that does what I want, and this one, even with the lesser quality image, seemed to fit every other need perfectly, and I hate having to return it and go through the whole selection process again to pick from the ones I've already decided against, to find the next one to try.

Thanks

John

dave1945

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-932l wireless not working
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 08:31:50 PM »

there is reset hole at the back of camera.

1. You should see green light on since you have wire connection. Hit the rest with power on.
2. When you see red light, unplug the power.
3. wait 1 min and plug the power on.

The reset way works fine for me. Now I have wireless connection

jdthird

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:09:50 PM »

I know about the reset button - all that did is put me back at square 1, having to start over, and no wireless still... 
Already returned the unit, but thanks for the reply.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 08:35:03 AM »

Did you try going into the DCS-932L's web GUI and manually entering the wireless settings?  The setup wizard auto-populates the same fields.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Martijn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 01:46:49 PM »

Kicking up this thread again.

I have the same issue as topicstarter. The 932L works flawless when wired, but refuses to connect to wireless network. I checked the cam's wireless settings via MyDlink and everything seems OK (SSID, WPA key).

Also, when not wired, the cam does show up in the list with connected devices in the router. However, the light stays red and the cam cannot be seen via MyDlink.

I upgraded to the latest firmware (1.01 I believe). The router used is a Thomson TG789N, 802.11bgn, never had connection issues with any other device. Reset twice, no result.
DCS-932K -> wireless connected to DIR-601 -> ethernet connected to Thomson TG789vn (custom KPN firmware)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 04:06:49 PM »

Did your DCS-932L used to work with wireless and then stopped or never worked using wireless?

Martijn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 01:43:45 AM »

It never worked wireless. Got it in yesterday, followed the installation wizard from cd, no success. Managed to create a mydlink account and got into the cam via mydlink (while it was wired) and inspected the settings, OK but also no success.

To me it looks like there is something wrong when the cam tries to connect to the network. When I shut down power and put it on again, I hear two clicks and the red light flashes a couple of times. Then a red light and nothing else.

Quite disappointed so far.....  :(
DCS-932K -> wireless connected to DIR-601 -> ethernet connected to Thomson TG789vn (custom KPN firmware)

Martijn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 12:04:17 AM »

UPDATE: I found the issue (not the solution yet....)

It seems my router, the Thomson 789vn, has customized firmware which does not allow WPS and also no protocols used by the DCS-932L. I used the Dlink DIG-610 as an alternative and it worked without a problem.
However, the Thomson immediately lost its own wireless network but I need this router for my television and telephone  >:(

Now I need to work out how to let the Thomson work properly with the DIG-610 connected to it. But that is not covered by this forum.

Thanks!

Mos20

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 06:37:52 PM »

I'm having the same problem. This is ridiculous. What am I supposed to do? I have two other cameras (other brands) that connected to my network without a problem. I have no idea what is wrong here. I know I put in the passwords correctly. It just will not go wireless no matter what I do. Heeelllpp!!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 08:43:54 PM »

I'm having the same problem. This is ridiculous. What am I supposed to do? I have two other cameras (other brands) that connected to my network without a problem. I have no idea what is wrong here. I know I put in the passwords correctly. It just will not go wireless no matter what I do. Heeelllpp!!!

As I posed on your other duplicated thread:

The first thing you should do is reset the DCS-932L to the factory defaults by holding a paperclip in the rear pinhole of the camera for 8 seconds and try walking through the wizard configuration again.

If that doesn't work you should strongly consider upgrading the firmware. You can download the latest firmware here: Taiwan: http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/. Once downloaded to your PC use the DCS-932L web interface to upload the firmware to the camera, then walk through the web-interface.

imakex

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 11:23:50 AM »

Try to set it manually. Set it up using wired connection first and the router will assign the camera an ip address. After the camera is set up and working, open your web browser and type in the camera's ip address. Log in using the username and password that you chose when you set up the camera. Dlink Camera Maintenance Page will appear. Click on Setup, choose Wireless Setup and key in all the settings according to your router's wireless settings. Ex. Enable Wireless, SSID, Security Mode, Authentication.... This should take care of it. Good luck.

Martijn

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 04:41:09 AM »

Just for the record, and possibly help others out, this is how I currently set the whole thing up:

The cam is connected to a router, the D-Link DIG-601. Not by DHCP, but a fixed ip address. Also I have setup a port forwarding: incoming 8080 to 80 on the cam's ip address.

The D-Link router is connected by wire to the Thomson modem/router with custom firmware. In this modem/router I have forwarded port 8080 to the D-Link router. 8080 is the webcache port and not blocked by the Thomson router. The only ports that are available are 80, 21, 25, 110 and 8080, the rest is blocked.

When I use my external ip address (or the dyndns-address) together with the port number it works perfectly! Both on any pc as on my Android phone. However, when I use MyDlink, it still has a 60 second time-out. Well, I don't use MyDlink then...... 8)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 04:58:59 AM »

Do you still get the 60 second timeout since the recent update to the mydlink website? D-Link has made some changes that seem to have positively impacted a number of users.

SequiMike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 08:52:28 AM »

This is an old thread, but maybe folks are still coming here to try to find answers.   I also had a LOT of trouble trying to get my 932L to communicate with my router (Cisco E3500) wirelessly.  It would do just fine as long as the Cat5 cable was connected, but refused to work once the cable was unplugged. 
Security on the camera was set to WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK.    Security on my router was set to  WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode.   Changing my router security to   WPA2 Personal  was all it took to fix the wifi problem.  Hopefully this information will help someone out there.  I was on the verge of returning my 932l to BestBuy, and now I'm glad I didn't.

RhondaBZ

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »

SequiMike - THANK YOU!! Your advice saved me from throwing my dlink camera out the window tonight. We have had it up and working for over a year now, but got a new router last night and could not get it to connect via wireless no matter what I tried/reinstalled/rebooted/etc.
Changing the router security did the trick and now my dlink is up and working as usual!!
Note: I had to go in and set my network connections on my PCs to the correct connection profile to be able to access wireless from them as well, but it was easy once I knew what setting to go to.
You saved me much anguish - thanks again!!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2