• March 28, 2024, 02:08:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Suggestions for Firmware version 1.05  (Read 53734 times)

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
Re: Suggestions for Firmware version 1.05
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 11:13:34 AM »

How about firmware revision 1.04 first  :P

The reason this topic is still active is because 1.04 is FINAL on what features it will have. There is no reason to not have an active topic on what features can be added in the next revision since 1.04 is locked down and is going through quality control testing.

mig

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 11:20:19 AM »

What is the targeted firmware development cycle time for 1.05?  It seems the first three firmware updates
were coming out at two month intervals; however, v1.04 has been 9+ months in the making.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 11:43:19 AM »

What is the targeted firmware development cycle time for 1.05?  It seems the first three firmware updates
were coming out at two month intervals; however, v1.04 has been 9+ months in the making.

No target as of yet until we can get 1.04 rolled out. 1.05 key feature will be the addition of BitTorrent support. The faster we get feature requests and bug submissions from users prior to development then the faster we can brainstorm on what can be added to 1.05.

zehninguem

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 12:51:48 PM »

DNS-323 should be fully DNLA Compatible.
Better AV UPNP server (Twonky???) this was the main reason I bought the unit

mig

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 12:52:27 PM »

Well, I've raised these issues on other threads in the forum, but not here.
So I'll repeat myself, in hopes of feature consideration for FW1.05

- journaling file system
 - UPS support

Oh, and bring back the 2 month firmware release cycle
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 12:55:06 PM by mig »

zehninguem

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 01:04:27 PM »

Where I said Better AV UPNP server the main idea was:
- Better DNLA support
- full support to more media player clients (including DLink's 510)
- possibility to define multiple folders as media sources and define the type of media (Video, Music, Photo or All)
- support for internet radio
- support for internet TV (IPTV, active-tv)
- ability to provide media picture identification for music and video (covers)

dicrouthamel

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 08:58:07 AM »

The reason this topic is still active is because 1.04 is FINAL on what features it will have. There is no reason to not have an active topic on what features can be added in the next revision since 1.04 is locked down and is going through quality control testing.

I understand :)  I'm just saying let's get moving on getting 1.04 out for the people.

eclipse31

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 09:50:27 AM »

I think this may have been previously mentioned / suggested, but improved admin capability of FTP rights would be great. It would be nice to specify multiple sets of rights -- e.g., read-only access to directory "A", read-write to directory "B".

No target as of yet until we can get 1.04 rolled out. 1.05 key feature will be the addition of BitTorrent support. The faster we get feature requests and bug submissions from users prior to development then the faster we can brainstorm on what can be added to 1.05.

eclipse31

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2008, 10:28:05 AM »

Actually just thought of another suggestion / possible bug fix. I've noticed that from a cold start (e.g., power-on) the fan on the DNS-323 will not run until such a time as it is needed to moderate the internal temperature of the unit. After that point, the fan will never shut down, even if the drives have been spun-down for hours. I've read that the sleep mode power consumption of the unit is next to nothing, so I find it hard to believe that the fan is required to keep the temperature down. Is this a possible bug? Either way, something that would be great to have fixed in 1.0.5. Thanks.

JasonT

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2008, 02:07:17 PM »

I also really would like the DNS-323 to work with my PS3.  This is the reason I purchased the 323 assuming that UPNP was all that was required.  If the lack of DLNA support is the cause then that's what I need the most.

chuckv

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 04:32:53 PM »

that goes the same for the XBOX360.. im sure DLink are trying to rectify these issues though for next version 1.04 firmware

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »

I thought that UPnP-AV to the PS3 was supposed to work so I took a DNS-323 home last night and dropped an album on it.  I then proceeded to play the entire album through without difficulty from my PS3.  The only problem I had was when I tried to play the song before it had finished building the media database.  This did produce an DLNA error, however I did not get a single error after it finished.

Now if my test wasn't comprehensive enough (I didn't have much time last night) for some reason or there was a particular type of media you were looking for I can try that.

For the record the music was the album "Alright, Stil" by Lily Allen and was encoded as a MP3 at 320 Kbps.

Browsing through the music and queuing up individual songs did take a while, but this has always been true with the PS3 for me (one of the reasons I don't use a media extender, near as I can tell UPnP-AV is just slow).
non progredi est regredi

mig

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2008, 11:15:42 AM »

Fatman - What firmware was the DNS-323 using?  What firmware was your PS3 using?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »

The PS3 was running the latest update as of a "Check for Updates" on the PS3 as of last night 1/21/2008 at 9pm PST.  I vaguely remember it being like 2.13 or something, the update that happened what seems like a month ago was the last.

The DNS-323 was... well it turns out thats a good story.  I was mistaken it turns out, I would have swore that it had 1.03 loaded on it, I was wrong, it had a pre-release copy of 1.04.

I don't normally work with the DNS-323 so I spoke with the guy who moderates this board (and happens to be the foremost expert on the product) and he said that 1.03 should not work for me.  Time to give it a shot at home, see if I can't make the round peg fit in the square hole (I have a big sledge for the job).

I will be trying again tonight with 1.03 this time, I will also get my exact PS3 firmware.  The good news is that assuming this build of 1.04 ever becomes public it will be fixed!  While I'm at it any more specific tests?

Unfortunately I do not own a Xbox 360 or I would try that too.
non progredi est regredi

chuckv

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2008, 04:32:27 PM »

most places that hire movies / dvd's will rent out a 360? you can take that router  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6