• March 28, 2024, 04:38:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNR 202L Admin Keeps losing password...  (Read 9716 times)

AndersonCell

• Level 1 Member
DNR 202L Admin Keeps losing password...
« on: December 17, 2013, 08:13:38 AM »

Worked fine for a month. Now for the past 2 days it keeps losing the password. Accessing the device through the securicam (LINK) optionto go to url. keeps timing out. Then accessing through Mydlink.com keeps asking for password. Have reset several times to no avail. I run dcs930, dcs932 and 5020L's. a total of 9 cams. Only 4 to the DNR of course. I did accept the upgrade to the 3 5020L's today but it was messing up since before then.

Any ideas?

AndersonCell

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNR 202L Admin Keeps losing password...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 07:34:28 AM »

Ridiculous...now I get to spend all day today also messing with this LOST PASSWORD thing..

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:19:59 AM »

You may want to try resetting the DNR-202L to the factory default settings.

• Log into the web UI and navigate to Maintenance > System > CONFIGURATION SETTINGS and save the current configuration of the DCS-202L to a file on your local PC
  • While the DNR-202L is powered-up, press and hold the recessed Reset button on the rear of the unit for > 10 seconds. This procedure will reset the DNR-202L to the factory default settings
  • Log into the web UI and navigate to Maintenance > System > CONFIGURATION SETTINGS and restore the settings using the file previously stored on your local PC
I also recommend rebooting your router before attempting the above procedure to see if that changes performance/behavior.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Sparkydude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 08:24:47 AM »

I had the password  ‘reset’ problem.
Seems it crashed when playing around with ‘preview window’  viewing recorded content.
Got a message the password had changed and wouldn’t accept the password I had set up.
Running the setup again got to be a pain. I tried pulling the power from the back of the 202 for 30 seconds, plugging it back in waiting a minute till it booted back up and all was well again without running the setup again.
 Just learned to be careful jumping around the ‘preview  window’ for recordings.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 08:37:12 AM »

I had the password  ‘reset’ problem.
Seems it crashed when playing around with ‘preview window’  viewing recorded content.
Got a message the password had changed and wouldn’t accept the password I had set up.
Running the setup again got to be a pain. I tried pulling the power from the back of the 202 for 30 seconds, plugging it back in waiting a minute till it booted back up and all was well again without running the setup again.
 Just learned to be careful jumping around the ‘preview  window’ for recordings.

If you would like to post this as a FW wishlist or bug, I created a new thread to collect these types of items: DNR-202L - Firmware Wishlist

Sparkydude

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 08:50:39 AM »

Also, I might add after initial set up of the 202 is complete, download the 72 page user manual ( ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DNR-202L/REVA/DNR-202L_MANUAL_1.00_EN.PDF ) and go to page 37 to access a more user friendly interface.

AndersonCell

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 09:27:39 AM »

Thanks everyone will do!... Weird it worked fine for the first 3 weeks.. Ive already started assesing what new programs if any I have installed...looks like I got a new java update since then...will dig deeper.

A hard reset of the unit kicked it back in but I had to readd cams and redo settings and such...

Thanks again.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic

Dalsvzla

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 06:11:31 PM »

I has this problem too... Always has to do a reset to get in again. I realized that getting in to advance setting from my dlink site and not directly from playback tab help (a little) with this password issue. If you do playback from mydlink playback tab its almost guaranteed the password issue however when you playback directly from NVR INFO tab then ADVANCE SETTING and go to playback it performs better... Some times it freeze and give the password error but after a few minutes will be available to login without have to do reset. The other way you are force to do a reset.