• March 28, 2024, 08:35:12 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Latest firmware 1.04 has big bug on LED deactivation after bootup !  (Read 4029 times)

bhillou

• Level 1 Member

I have just upgraded the camera to the latest firmware (1.04), as the iOS client has been nagging me all day to do this, I did the upgrade hoping that it would fix bugs and improve things.

I originally signaled a problem on older firmwares with some LED (mostly cloud status LED) still staying on despite the setting saying that all LED should be off and now it seems that the setting does indeed turn them all off after switching back and forth with the setting, BUT AT BOOTUP THE HUGE TOP LED TURNS GREEN even if the setting is set to "deactivate all LEDs" !!!!

This is a huge problem for me because this camera is used as a baby monitor and after the upgrade if there is a power failure (or even just a power interference strong enough to reset the camera) during my baby's sleep this very bright light will come on ! This is not acceptable for a device aimed to be in a baby's room.

I'm wondering what is so hard about programming and testing LEDs to turn off at this point since it seems that this issue is still not properly fixed after a year. I hope this message will help get things resolved once and for all. I'm sorry about having difficulty staying calm, but anyone who has to deal with electronics failing while dealing with a small baby that is "scared" by a big new bright light in the dark that wasn't there before should understand what I'm going through :)

Also I really wonder why these firmwares get released and "pushed" so hard before the release notes are produced and even the firmware is available on the support web site !

At this point I would even prefer to downgrade the firmware while DLink works on a fix, hoping that is still possible. Does anyone know how to do this ? Also, is it worth contacting DLink support about this ?

Best regards,
  Serge Huber.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 01:18:50 PM by bhillou »

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
Re: Latest firmware 1.04 has big bug on LED deactivation after bootup !
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 02:25:58 PM »

Thank your for your input. The appropriate team has been notified. We are currently looking into this issue and hope to have a solution for all of you soon.

bhillou

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:26:03 AM »

Ok thanks I hope a solution can be found relatively quickly.

Best regards,
  Serge Huber.

Spaldo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 12:31:32 AM »

I have also noticed this problem. It is very annoying, it keeps waking my baby up.

How long until it is fixed? Can we downgrade to another working version? If so, which version?