• April 19, 2024, 03:14:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Looks like I have UFO's on my Cams  (Read 3167 times)

goomba

• Level 1 Member
Looks like I have UFO's on my Cams
« on: August 06, 2016, 10:09:06 PM »

Good evening all, I hope someone can assist with a very bizarre problem.

We purchased 5 of these bad boys for a client, set them up and had them all working fine for about a day. Late afternoon today, we had some very nasty Thunder Boomers and torrential rains. When this occurred (and it's likely a coincidence), all of our cameras Clicked once, then went in to night mode (no color), and now each camera show what looks like 3 or 4 bright lights (UFO's) on the cams and the recordings.

This is not our first rodeo and are very well versed and experienced in setting up and rolling these types of units. With that said, here is some more intel:

1) All the cams are on APC UPS battery backups, so I don't think it likely to be a power surge etc.

2) We rebooted each device and the router (just cause),

3) Rebooted the PC running DCS-100_sw_4-0-4_DP_2-0-13_eu_multi_20151121 and the same result,

4) There is absolutely no problem connecting to the cams and even recordings are running,

5) It makes no difference whether we use the DCS Viewer or Live View in a browser (regardless of the browser).

Our next step will be to upgrade the firmware and if Dlinks upgrade process is as reliable as before, we should be able to do so, then reload our saved configs. Failing that, then I suppose opening a ticket, given that it is a weekend I don't hold a lot of hope in getting a fast response.

I realize this is a volunteer forum, but at this point we are quite annoyed and disappointed, particularly after we spent a fair amount of hours installing, testing, configuring and rolling these guys out. They are actually very nice units and everyone was quite pleased with the performance and quality, current issue aside. So we are hoping that someone may have some insight.

Enough of my babble. If anyone has thoughts, suggestions or ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Looks like I have UFO's on my Cams
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 11:18:26 PM »

???

So all cams were on UPS devices and all are showing UFO's?

Sounds like some time dilation issue. 

Perhaps Try calling upon Samantha Carter to fix your issues.
----------

So since you don't have her #, Do you have any sample images to post of these UFOs?

Have your cams gone back to day mode? Are they indoors or outdoors?   >:(

goomba

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:58:04 AM »

???

So all cams were on UPS devices and all are showing UFO's?

Sounds like some time dilation issue. 

Perhaps Try calling upon Samantha Carter to fix your issues.
----------

So since you don't have her #, Do you have any sample images to post of these UFOs?

Have your cams gone back to day mode? Are they indoors or outdoors?   >:(

Thank you for the reply sir.

Yes; Time Dilation or Worm Hole. I think we'll try the Firmware upgrade and see what that yields.

I'm sure it's something really silly - after a long few days we decided to beer things up a tad...

Will post results later this evening.

goomba

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 09:25:06 AM »

My apologies for not getting this post in sooner.

Still have no answer s to what happened, even after firmware upgrade still the same thing.

However we followed these steps and the problem has magically disappeared;
1) Backup each camera config (with our settings and configuration),
2) Reset every cam to factory default,
3) Set 1 cam up exactly as we needed,
4) Saved the cam config,
5) Offline, loaded each config into the remaining cams,
5) Changed necessary settings (Cam name, IP etc).

Now everything is fine and has been since Aug 9th.

We purchased 4 more cams, loaded our original configs (from step 1 above) and everything is fine. So it does not seem to be anything we configured/setup as we are using our Original Configs...

Mystery not solved, but  the problem seems to be.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 09:28:06 AM »

I don't have a 942L.

But are those config files in TEXT/Ascii or Binary?

I remember someone had a problem with the Binary ones and that they could register the 2nd cam with mydlink.com since they both had the same ID.
I think the text ones are fine to use config files like that.

Have you tried registering with mydlink.com?

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 01:21:55 PM »

Can you post a screen capture of what your seeing here in the forums?
Adding Screenshots In A Post

What region are you located?
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.