• April 24, 2024, 11:27:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-920 & DFL-210  (Read 5162 times)

magnus.strange

• Level 1 Member
DCS-920 & DFL-210
« on: September 18, 2009, 05:22:43 AM »

i am trying to get my dcs to be accessible from the outside net. i am going on vacation soon and want to be able to watch my house from afar.
i went to the dfl page for port forwarding and followed it step by step. as a matter of fact i think there are like 3 walk throughs for port mapping and i tried all 3. still no luck.

how do i set this up , please.

magnus.strange

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-920 & DFL-210
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 06:55:38 AM »

anyone else have this issue or at least know how to remedy it?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 09:17:21 AM »

If you already followed the FAQ for port forwarding then we are going to need some details on your exact scenario, as  what we have so far is less than enlightening.

Did you make a service, and if so what source and destination ports and what protocol?

Show us your service, your IP Rules, and relevant IP Address objects.
non progredi est regredi

mercr15v

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-920
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 02:26:10 PM »

Hi out there,
Look i bought this DCS-920 3months ago, but i still just can't get it wright.

Firstly, when i'm trying to set up MAIL for the wireless connexion(on the web): the cameras doesn't link to the computer, i mean the e-mail test doesn't work and it says that SMTP is invalid:
so, does someone out there know what is the real smtp, the external e-mail server and the DNS, if i'm using a hotmail e-mail address.
Secondly, when i connect to D-VIEWCAM and after doing the configuration, it says the HW account wasn't created, so how to you create it, and the live video through D-VIEWCAM isn't showing anymore.

Thank you in advance for your help.     

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 08:49:36 AM »

I am a firewall guy not a camera guy, but I can tell you that that camera won't be able to use Hotmail as it's mail account as Hotmail does not support SMTP to the best of my knowledge.
non progredi est regredi

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 11:10:16 AM »

Hotmail is accessed via HTTP only I believe there for you cannot setup the SMTP settings int he camera to use hotmail. I would recommend creating an account with another email server. Be sure to update the camera to 1.03 FW to allow you to select the ports used for SMTP to allow a wider range of supported email servers. 
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream