• April 20, 2024, 08:35:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Is anybody seeing this?  (Read 3290 times)

Shooter

• Level 1 Member
Is anybody seeing this?
« on: January 06, 2012, 08:16:19 AM »

I recently purchased this router for a couple of features that I needed (wanted). Dual Band and DLNA.

I am finding a number of consistant issues. I have it basically set to factory settings except...I setup a passwords(WPA) for both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz and turned on media server.

I plugged a 1TB 2.0 USB external harddrive to it.

I have a number of devices connecting to the router:

3 wireless PC's
I wireless Printer
1 Ipad
2 Iphones
1 TV connected via LAN

Issues:

1. I can not access the Admin screen from all the PC's or Ipad. If I reboot the router then the device that I first used to access the Admin screen is the only device that can login. The other devices get a "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"  For example if I connect to the admin screen using PC "A" after a reboot then PC "A" is the only one that can access the Admin screen. The other PC's or Ipad don't even bring up the login screen. Is this a security feature that I am not aware of? Why can't I access the Admin screen from all PCs like my old D-Link router?

2. The DLNA server created by the router works, all devices including my TV can see the DLNA server. I have another DLNA server setup on a PC (which is wireless). It appears that this second DLNA server is only accessable to wireless devices. The TV which is setup on the LAN can not see the second DLNA Server. So I unpluged the network cable from the TV and configured the built in wireless card in the TV. Bingo...it now sees both DLNA servers but I really want my TV connected via LAN not wireless. There has to be some sort filtering going on when using the LAN.

Other Annoyances

1. If I add a media file to the Harddrive then you have to reboot the router to force it to re-index . If you have 1 TB full of files it will take several hours. So if a take a picture  and copy it over to the hard drive....I have to wait hours for the router to re-index before I can see it on my DLNA enabled TV.
2. Why does it force you to reboot for every little change ...like reserving an IP address? Everytime I re-boot it Re-indexes my harddrive!

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Is anybody seeing this?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »

What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.

Some things to try:
urn on DNS Relay under Setup/Networking.
Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices on the router. Setup/Networking
Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP.
Make sure uPnP is enabled under Advanced/Networking if you have this option.

What wireless modes are you using?
Turn off Short GI and Extra Wireless Protection if you have it. Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.

Maybe someone can review your router settings with you using teamviewer.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:44:09 AM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.