• April 16, 2024, 08:16:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Night vision problem  (Read 2594 times)

AndreasElin

Night vision problem
« on: December 28, 2012, 02:37:33 AM »

I'm trying to set up a digital thermometer in front of my camera. Works fine in daylight, but as it gets dark the thermometer becomes just a big white mess impossible to read. However, if I place something big flat behind the camera, it works pretty well, but with the obvious drawback of not being able to see anything else but the thermometer.

It look likes this:

Is there someway to avoid this light effect? I've tried to fiddle around with the brightness/contrast/saturation without success.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:38:47 AM by AndreasElin »

JakobR

• Level 1 Member
Re: Night vision problem
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »

I have sort of the same problem. Any solution?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »

The thermometer has a reflective suface, contributing to the problem. You may want to try locating the thermometer a bit further from the camera and play with the positioning/angle of the thermometer relative to the camera face.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

AndreasElin

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 12:25:35 PM »

I've tried all of the things you propose, but with no success. The only thing that worked was putting something big and flat behind the camera, which is rather odd. Frankly, I don't understand why that worked.