• April 23, 2024, 07:53:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: USB Sharing  (Read 12554 times)

LaneLander

• Level 2 Member
Re: USB Sharing
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 07:30:01 AM »

Ahhhh, I sense a presence in the force. Is there a avid PC gamer among us?

I wield the full power of the force.  But I am not a Jedi yet.  Hell yes, I am a gamer and have been sense Doom.  That was when we had to create our own NE2000 ethernet network to play Deathmatch. These days games are a bit easier and just as fun.  I play a few but am more dedicated to COD4 at the moment.  Consoles are great for the kids, I do not have to build them a PC (my daughter who is 9 wants to play COD instead of playstation2 or Wii). 

PC's are great and when you get tired of a particular game you can hack it and mod it and play a fresh version.  Oh sure you can mod games for the console but you need to do that on a PC. 

PC will always win

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 10:07:05 AM »

You have some good points, but in the end the dollar is the only point and we all know consoles are...well...killing in that area.

Not to go too off topic...

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »

The problem with PC's is also their strongest point. Upgradeable hardware, and the cost there-in.

chrisnclovis

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »

From what I understand, you have to install the shareport utility on a windows computer so you will not be able to use the shareport feature on a mac or an xbox.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 02:35:40 PM »

shareport is currently only a windows app, soon to be released on Mac.
Pages: 1 [2]