• March 28, 2024, 05:46:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist  (Read 181835 times)

DeeDon

• Level 1 Member
Re: mydlink Lite App - Feature Wishlist
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2014, 01:09:42 PM »

I think it is very useful to be able to set up groups of cameras such that the user can quickly enable/disable motion detection, for example, with one click for that group, while leaving the others as is.  For example, the user can have indoor cameras in one group, while outdoor cameras are in a different group, so that when the user arrives home, he/she can just disable motion detection for only the indoor cameras with one click.  Of course, the same camera can be a member of multiple groups as the user sees fit.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2015, 07:11:35 AM »

I think it is very useful to be able to set up groups of cameras such that the user can quickly enable/disable motion detection, for example, with one click for that group, while leaving the others as is.  For example, the user can have indoor cameras in one group, while outdoor cameras are in a different group, so that when the user arrives home, he/she can just disable motion detection for only the indoor cameras with one click.  Of course, the same camera can be a member of multiple groups as the user sees fit.

Added....
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2015, 07:13:41 AM »

This wishlist contains suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link software releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in green.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• General - Ability for the app to run in the background to perform other tasks
  • General - Ability to create camera "groups" with shared attributes that can be enabled/disabled/configured for the group (e.g. enable motion detection for camera group "A")
  • General - Option to select JPEG using manual refresh button rather than 240/480 (to accommodate slow connections)
  • Security - Add passcode lock
  • Security - Add "Remember Password" feature for iOS
  • Support - DCS-2132L - Provide ePTZ controls
  • Support - DCS-2332L- App takes approximately 1 minute to appear after firmware v1.01.03 update
  • Support - DCS-5010L/5020L - Pan/Tilt controls on mydlink Lite do not work properly when the Mirror and Invert options are selected on the camera web UI
  • Support - DCS-5222L - Playback options
  • Support - DCS-6010L - Option to select user defined video profile (i.e. Remove dependency to video profile 3 with H.264 512kpbs)
  • Support - DCS-825L - Add support for this camera
  • Support - DNS-327L - Option to play video recorded by the My Surveillance app
  • Support - Pan/Tilt Cameras - Ability to select preset positions for supported camera models
  • Ability to access and modify camera settings
  • Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability for the app to save multiple account settings (i.e. multiple username/password settings)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to remote reboot linked cameras
  • Ability to select video profile (i.e. 1, 2,3, or 4 )
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Add alert bade for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • Motion Detection - Include all motion detection types (passive IR and PIR) to the motion detection on/off toggle button
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable/disable motion detection
  • Motion Detection - Option to enabled/disable motion detection on all cameras with one button
  • Pan/Tilt - Smooth panning through dragging camera
  • Security - Phone alarm (or beep within the app) activated upon a motion detection event
  • Support Retina iPad display
  • Video - H.264 support for H.264 enabled Cloud cameras
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line
  • [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App disables SD Recording (observed with DCS-942L)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshoot trigger to "Always" [FIXED!]
  • App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size [FIXED!]
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen) [FIXED!]
  • Add ability to adjust Night Mode (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface [FIXED!]
  • mydlink Lite - Include audio playback capability [FIXED!]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2015, 07:18:23 AM »

Wishlist items addressed on subsequent versions of mydlink Lite:

• Support - Pan/Tilt Cameras - Ability to select preset positions for supported camera models

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2015, 07:18:34 AM »

This wishlist contains suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link software releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in green.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest release, please post and I'll update!

mydlink Lite Wishlist

• General - Ability for the app to run in the background to perform other tasks
  • General - Ability to create camera "groups" with shared attributes that can be enabled/disabled/configured for the group (e.g. enable motion detection for camera group "A")
  • General - Option to select JPEG using manual refresh button rather than 240/480 (to accommodate slow connections)
  • Security - Add passcode lock
  • Security - Add "Remember Password" feature for iOS
  • Support - DCS-2132L - Provide ePTZ controls
  • Support - DCS-2332L- App takes approximately 1 minute to appear after firmware v1.01.03 update
  • Support - DCS-5010L/5020L - Pan/Tilt controls on mydlink Lite do not work properly when the Mirror and Invert options are selected on the camera web UI
  • Support - DCS-5222L - Playback options
  • Support - DCS-6010L - Option to select user defined video profile (i.e. Remove dependency to video profile 3 with H.264 512kpbs)
  • Support - DCS-825L - Add support for this camera
  • Support - DNS-327L - Option to play video recorded by the My Surveillance app
  • Add control to manually set the digital output port state (available on the web UI)
  • Ability for the app to save multiple account settings (i.e. multiple username/password settings)
  • Ability to change camera resolution from the iPad (to accommodate slower/faster wireless connectivity
  • Ability to cycle through all cameras registered on mydlink at a user defined interval
  • Ability to remote reboot linked cameras
  • Ability to temporarily disable notifications/emails remotely (with accessing camera web interface)
  • Add alert for motion detection on a user defined schedule
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen)
  • Motion Detection - Include all motion detection types (passive IR and PIR) to the motion detection on/off toggle button
  • Motion Detection - Option to enable/disable motion detection
  • Motion Detection - Option to enabled/disable motion detection on all cameras with one button
  • Pan/Tilt - Smooth panning through dragging camera
  • Security - Phone alarm (or beep within the app) activated upon a motion detection event
  • Support Retina iPad display
  • Video - H.264 support for H.264 enabled Cloud cameras
  • When viewing a live feed (from DCS522L/7010L) display the state of the digital input line
  • [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App disables SD Recording (observed with DCS-942L)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Support - Pan/Tilt Cameras - Ability to select preset positions for supported camera models [FIXED!]
  • Ability to access and modify camera settings [FIXED!]
  • Ability to select video profile (i.e. 1, 2,3, or 4 ) [FIXED!]
  • [Bug] Disabling motion detection on the iPhone App sets the snapshoot trigger to "Always" [FIXED!]
  • App does not properly fit iPhone 5 screen size [FIXED!]
  • Additional zoom options (i.e. ability to zoom-in on a particular section of the screen) [FIXED!]
  • Add ability to adjust Night Mode (On/Off/Auto) similar to the web interface [FIXED!]
  • mydlink Lite - Include audio playback capability [FIXED!]

vgullotta

• Level 1 Member
    • Baker Motorsports
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2015, 07:52:32 AM »

How about the ability to permanently dismiss the notification when you load the Android app that states "To connect to your local camers, you should turn on your phones Wi-Fi setting." That pop up is super annoying. Just a check box or something so I never have to see it again.
DCS-933L x1
DCS-2330L x2

solos2

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2015, 09:00:04 AM »

Wishlist items addressed on subsequent versions of mydlink Lite:

When will this version become available?
p.s. for
  • Ability to select video profile (i.e. 1, 2,3, or 4 ), does it also support H.264 if the profile indicates that?

mannyfresh2500

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2015, 08:04:44 PM »

Please implement two-factor authentication for access to mydlink lite and mydlink.com using Google Authenticator. Thanks.

stefanor

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2015, 08:34:52 AM »

Is is possible to enable a sound for the Mydlink Lite Android app for notify?

Sgleong

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2015, 07:24:19 AM »

2 feature hope new update will have it on both iphone & ipad version.

1. Hope new update able to view multiple camera at the same time. eg. 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 ......
- Example : IP Cam Viewer Pro

2. I have few dlink account in different country that i can't put them in same account, need them to be separate account.
    Hope new update can let me login in to multiple account, easy for me to switch around & able to view all camera(Point 1).

Regards,
Sgleong.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:32:23 AM by Sgleong »

Samver

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2015, 01:28:34 AM »

myWishlist
Is it possible add support of the "Sound detection" for DCS-2132L?

vgullotta

• Level 1 Member
    • Baker Motorsports
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2015, 07:39:12 AM »

Thank you D-Link for removing that pop up! The pop up to connect to your wi-fi when you're on 3G or 4G is gone!!!!  It was so annoying. Yay!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
DCS-933L x1
DCS-2330L x2

alanazar

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2015, 07:34:33 AM »

Hello,

Loving the products so far! A feature request that I believe would be useful:

1) Reviewing the videos in the app from the motion detection (when not on the same network) takes time to download each video depending on the connection.

I believe a useful function on the app would be to enable background downloading the videos\pictures that were created from an event. Options could include: Max space to use for storage, Delete videos\picture older than x days, Only download on wifi\both.

2) After viewing a video through the playback option after it has recorded on SD, it would be great to have an option to save the video so that you can then email\share etc...

Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:27:14 AM by alanazar »

designedfor1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2015, 06:14:31 AM »

Here's  my wish list! I did contact support for a few of these items, but the questions I had, were not supported by the current release. All of my requests are for local cameras.

Wishlist:
• Flip / invert swipe gesture controls (mainly when using the camera mounted upside down.)
• Save local ip camera to the local list, instead of having to wait and find the networked camera again.
• Local push notifications. Open internet connection to send notification, then close connection after sending. Or if possible send notification to local networked mobile devices.
• Locked mobile device still allows streaming of audio.

sourmush

« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2015, 01:54:54 AM »

Hi, agree with the above post keen for the audio feature while locked. I have the DCS 825 and the mydlink baby android sofware doesn't really cut the mustard on my android 5 and doesn't work with my wife's marshmallow 6. So, mydlink lite to the rescue! Can you implement the following feature?

"As a Customer I want to be able to hear the audio from my camera playing when my phone is locked so that my battery life isn't drained with the screen on permanently on."

Cheers,
Chris
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7