• April 16, 2024, 02:17:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Overwrite FTP Image?  (Read 3892 times)

nippaero

• Level 1 Member
Overwrite FTP Image?
« on: March 18, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »

Is there a way to have the camera overwrite a FTP file? It is uploading files sequentially to my web server. My other DCS-930L's have an overwrite image option.

The problem is it fills up my webserver with images because the file name cannot be overwritten.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:35:21 PM by nippaero »

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
Re: Overwrite FTP Image?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 07:35:04 AM »

Not that I know of, unfortunately.

Justin Checking

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 08:25:54 PM »

Hello

I'm in the same situation.  How can we ask the D-Link people do have this as an option.  I would like to setup my camera as a webcam, with updates every 2 minutes or so.  I've been able to setup the D-link to ftp a jpg to a folder on my website every 2 minutes. HOWEVER each image has it's own long number.  On a webpage I've setup an image "box" 800px x 448px to 'receive' this jpg.  HOWEVER it needs to have the same name each time.  I.E. something like > d-link.jpg

This should be so easy to do.  If not WHAT D-LINK WEBCAM can do this????  (moderators?)

Plus as the earlier poster mentioned. My website now has a folder that has thousands of UNIQUE numbered .jpgs - filling up my FTP hosting space.

I also take care of a website where we have a expensive Netcam IP webcam installed.  It just sends a simple (named) > netcam.jpg < image every 10 seconds or so to the server all is fine.
http://www.dragonflymobilerecording.com/gimli-webcam.html

Any help would be most appreciated.
Ron O. Vermeulen
ronove@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 09:14:22 PM by Justin Checking »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 10:05:46 AM »

Run a script on your Web server to copy the file to a single filename you want in the location you want and delete the source file when done.

Justin Checking

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 10:51:15 AM »

Hello RYAT3,

thank you for your response.  I'm not capable of writing a script.  I design and maintain about 12 websites for various clients.  I use Adobe 'Muse'.  No coding.  Also most of these websites are hosted by "DotEasy" a Canadian variation of GoDaddy.  Therefore you have very limited access to your ftp "box'.  I do use the FireFTP plugin, within Firefox to directly upload some files to various sites, but that's it.  I wouldn't know where to start with a script. 

I would believe there are many people like myself and the original poster, that would like to "webcam" their D-Link on a standard website.  I'm hoping that this posting will initiate D-Link to provide an option to "NOT TIME STAMP" the jpg and just allow us to use the "prefex ......." box already provided in the setup software to name the file.

Are you listening D-Link?  This should be SO EASY to add to the next software update.  This simple option should be on ALL YOUR WEBCAMS.

Regards
Ron O. Vermeulen
ronove@yahoo.com    
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:03:57 AM by Justin Checking »