• April 19, 2024, 09:49:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Snapshot  (Read 2155 times)

VideonRedux

• Level 1 Member
Snapshot
« on: April 04, 2015, 12:27:21 PM »

Tried searching the forum, nothing useful came up. Tried searching the web with google, nothing useful in the first half-hour of sifting results. All I want with this camera right now is to record a full-resolution image to the SD card at a given interval. I do not want any video recordingsa, I do not want any motion detection, I do not want any email or cloud support. I only want the camera to record images every 10 seconds. It would also be nice to have a schedule for when the camera would do this, like when I'm home to stop recording. But that's just an extra feature. I don't understand this firmware, I'm thinking maybe there's an undocumented collection of settings to make this work. The manual is useless. Right now the only way I can record images is to have a PC running BlueIris to take snapshots, but I would like to run the camera by itself on battery power and not have all the extra complications of a bloatware ridden PC always waiting to fail on me.

So, if anyone has or knows of, a setup guide to enable periodic image capture such as what would be useful for time lapse photography, I would really appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

VideonRedux

• Level 1 Member
Re: Snapshot
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 02:20:51 PM »

Ok, so it started working. Not sure why, all settings default, only changes are on the setup page:

Network set to static IP.

On the Event page:

'Server': set to SD card, named 'SD Card'.

'Media': set to 'Snapshot', source 1, 0 pre-event images,1 post-event images (possibly where I went wrong last time? Might've been set to 0) File name prefix 'Snapshot'.

'Event': enabled, named 'Snapshot', Trigger set to 'Periodic' with 1 minute intervals. (thinking I might change this to DI input and use something smarter to trigger images), 'Action' set to 'SD Card' with media 'Snapshot'.

'Recording': enabled.

Only other changes are to disable the IR illuminator and the LED status light. This doesn't work at night without a light always turned on. So I'm considering using a IR LED flash, but it needs to fire at the right moment. I might as well have a passive IR motion detector send a signal to both fire a flash and to the camera's DI input to record a frame as a JPEG. That will be later.