• April 25, 2024, 11:59:40 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DMZ not working?  (Read 17759 times)

RamGuy

• Level 2 Member
DMZ not working?
« on: November 01, 2008, 01:33:27 PM »

Hi,

I've just got myself a D-Link DIR-655 HW: A4 running the latest firmware v1.21.
I also got a D-Link DGL-4500 HW: A1 not working that good, much because of issues with the latest firmware v1.13 so I hoped that the DIR-655 would have some better firmwares than DGL-4500.

So far the DIR-655 have actually seemed better than my DGL-4500!
The wireless got better range, the router itself seems to not struggle as much as the DGL-4500 and things like that, and I assume this 1.21 firmware beats the crap out of the DGL-4500 v1.13 firmware.

I got one problem though, uTorrent claims that my ports are not open?
Which is impossible as I've got a static DMZ-hosted IP, which should resolve in all ports being open?
Isn't the whole point with DMZ-hosted IP's to bypass the entire NAT / Firewall?

I also got the SPI disabled and the "endpoint depended" thing enabled, but uTorrent claims that my ports are being blocked? Is the DMZ not working as intended or what?

Also tried to disable the DMZ and just go for a fast port forwarding of port 1-65535, but I still got the same issues with my uTorrent ports being blocked?

And yes, I've got no software firewall whatsoever on my computer, I've set NOD32 to ignore uTorrent completely and the entire Windows Firewall service has been disabled.

vaz

• Level 2 Member
Re: DMZ not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 03:09:44 PM »

I've had similar complaints. Not with U-torrent not working, but it seems like the dmz is good for nothing on this router. The ports have to be forwarded or the information is dropped. I'm not even using the most up to date firmware, so if there is an issue, it has been over multiple versions.

DrewG5

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:07:50 PM »

Same issue DMZ does not work.

KevTech

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 07:41:01 PM »

Dmz works fine for me and utorrent supports UPnP.

Firmware 1.11

wiak

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »

everything past firmware 1.11 DMZ broken

Wal_

• Product Managment
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »

Is the issue only with uTorrent? how about game servers or even a simple FTP server?
The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.

DrewG5

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 07:59:42 PM »

This is also a problem with the DirecTv HD DVR line that uses the network for on demand and soon more.

vaz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2008, 10:51:18 AM »

Is the issue only with uTorrent? how about game servers or even a simple FTP server?

All Apllications that apply. If I set my computer as dmz and don't do port forwarding on company of heroes, I have trouble. If I do the port forward, trouble goes away. Strange thing is, wireless computer can connect to the game server no problem.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 10:53:06 AM by vaz »

Wal_

• Product Managment
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2008, 06:01:00 PM »

All Apllications that apply. If I set my computer as dmz and don't do port forwarding on company of heroes, I have trouble. If I do the port forward, trouble goes away. Strange thing is, wireless computer can connect to the game server no problem.

try using Virtual Server for your port forwarding needs.

If that fails, roll back to firmware 1.11
The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.

DrewG5

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »

I found a work around that appears to be working very nicely for me. Disable DNS Relay

egcarter

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 01:18:19 PM »

I found a work around that appears to be working very nicely for me. Disable DNS Relay

Thank you!!   That did the trick.   Even putting my AT&T Callvantage TA (DVG-1120M) in the DMZ did not work with firmware 1.21 (funny...it used to, but my ISP changed the IP to a totally different range and I was messing around with configurations and firmware versions to try to get it back).

Disabling DNS Relay in the DIR-655 made the VOIP work in the DMZ.   It also made it work without using the DMZ!   I do not have any virtual servers set up or Port Forwarding.  That's the way it's supposed to function.

Hear that, D-Link?  Fix the DNS Relay feature!  It's messing up lots of other stuff.

netdevil

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 11:58:15 AM »

The DNS Relay tip helped me with my problem, too - now at least one of my two VoIP providers was working - alas the other one was blocked again so I am back at 1.11

PLEASE D-Link, figure out what the problem is, if this is continuing I'll have to get another router!

zendoren

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 04:48:16 PM »

If anyone is still watching this thread, I just bought myself this router today and come to find out the DMZ function does not work. I have to manualy configure Virtual Server ports for any traffic to reach my server.

Hardware Version: B1  
Firmware Version: 2.00NA
Internal Lan IP: 10.0.0.1
Internal Netmask: 255.0.0.0
DHCP: Enabled

Could I get a firmware update and get this fixed as i do not have the luxury to revert to a diffrent firmware version.  >:(

zendoren

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »

Bump ??

Anyone? Bueller...... Bueller.....

(FYI, Case ID: DLK401095787)

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:29:06 PM by zendoren »

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 02:45:14 PM »

If anyone is still watching this thread, I just bought myself this router today and come to find out the DMZ function does not work. I have to manualy configure Virtual Server ports for any traffic to reach my server.

Hardware Version: B1  
Firmware Version: 2.00NA
Internal Lan IP: 10.0.0.1
Internal Netmask: 255.0.0.0
DHCP: Enabled

Could I get a firmware update and get this fixed as i do not have the luxury to revert to a diffrent firmware version.  >:(

Hi zendoren,

You have not installed the D-Link correctly. Wrong Lan IP and wrong Netmask.

Also post the device you are using with the Router.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10
Pages: [1] 2