• April 27, 2024, 11:25:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help needed with torrent on NAS  (Read 2181 times)

jam

• Level 1 Member
Help needed with torrent on NAS
« on: October 18, 2010, 06:58:59 AM »

Hi

I have a Western Digital MyBook World edition hard drive attached as a network storage for several years. This device has a build in torrent client - CTorrent. It's a very light client with minimum functionality to download torrents from Internet directly into the drive. With my old routers from Linksys and from Motorola it used to work without any issues and without the need for any special settings. But when I replaced my last failed router with D-Link DIR-655 the CTorrent started having problems. It seems to be working - downloading files but it's web interface is not updating progress anymore. It just stuck on the "Connecting to peers" entry which used to be very first entry after you started new torrent download. Since there is no progress info I don't have any clue where the download is, is it finished or in a middle of downloading or barely started.

I have searched Internet for the solution. It seems few people had similar issue but there was no solution posted. I have tried port forwarding but this did not helped the issue. What other settings might affect it ?

JAM

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: Help needed with torrent on NAS
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 03:34:21 PM »

Hi Jam,

How are you connected to the Internet?

Firmware Version for the D-Link Router?

Who is your ISProvider?

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10