• April 19, 2024, 01:42:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware 1.05 faulty  (Read 3736 times)

ga-pilot

• Level 1 Member
Firmware 1.05 faulty
« on: February 25, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »

I upgraded to the 1.05 version of the firmware to the 1.04 version.  After upgrading I was no longer able to connect to the router.  Paid 65 bucks to your technical support group and was able to connect to the router but was unable to connect to the Internet.  I was told a second time that the router was faulty and thus ended the support call. 
What I find faulty is:
1) The router was working fine before the firmware upgrade. 
2) Apparently either the new firmware was bad or the support was bad.
3) I spent 65 bucks to "fix something" that wasn't broke.
4) Will have to spend ANOTHER 60+ bucks to get a new router
5) Me foolishly upgrading to the latest version of router firmware to avoid security problems.

Am I pissed?  Will I consider purchasing another D-Link product?  Will I recommend others in purchasing a D-Link product?  Will I get lucky in getting another support technician who is in the U.S. and doesn't read from a script?

georgeberz

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware 1.05 faulty
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »

The units themselves are faulty, I have 48 of them all exactly the same issues, no factory support I even went out and bought another to get free support, try this firmware, try that firmware. they do not know whats going on.

You might try a hard reset, hold the button in in the back for 10 seconds and when releasing all the lights should flash to indicate reset...

Here is my problem with wireless not working
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=12373.0

cloon

• Level 2 Member
Re: Firmware 1.05 faulty
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06:07:01 PM »

Try resetting the unit to default firmware and then to 1.05...   that is what I did and so far the unit is "stable"  it was rebooting every 10 minutes with firmware 1.04 but never rebooted since my upgrade to 1.05..

good luck..