• May 16, 2024, 01:01:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 920 Greenlight on but cannot connect Wirelessly  (Read 3160 times)

timwooten

• Level 1 Member
DCS 920 Greenlight on but cannot connect Wirelessly
« on: June 20, 2010, 07:55:57 AM »

I have a D-Link DCS 920 camera, when I brought it home it worked great. I have a Mac, so I had to connect via the ethernet port type 192.168.0.20 into my browser and use that to configure it. I gave it a static IP address, change the admin password and connected it to my wireless network, no problems. Used some software called iCam to remotely view the camera on my iPhone and it worked great.

After about a week I was unable to see the camera anymore, I reset it using the reset button on the camera and reconfig it again. still no luck, now I can only see it if I plug it in via the ethernet port on my Mac.

When looking at the status it shows my network and it is connected, the greenlight is on the camera, but I cannot log into the camera, via the browser and the cameras ip address. Note I was able to do this when I first set it up. It just stop one day.

I tried resetting several times, downgraded the firmware to 1.03 (it came running 1.04, but could not find that firmware upgrade on the D-Link website, so I guess I'm stuck with the 1.03).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, other wise I'm going to return this camera.

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: DCS 920 Greenlight on but cannot connect Wirelessly
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:33:22 PM »

Sounds to me like a buggy camera. Get it replaced as it does not 'forget' how to connect...
Once in a while the product is just bad. So if you have an option to return for replacement, use it.

I have quite a few 920's and have not seen this issue pop up, so my advise would be to exchange.