• April 18, 2024, 11:04:20 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Beta firmware 1.21 Beta (2nd phase) 1 week  (Read 34616 times)

siliconrage

• Level 1 Member
Re: Beta firmware 1.21 Beta (2nd phase) 1 week
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2009, 07:47:40 AM »

I have posted on this once before in this forum, but Ru-Fi-Oh, any news on a new firmware for the dir-855? I know that the dgl-4500 beta has not even been released yet, but it seems that there is less support or news for the dir-855 which is a MUCH more expensive router! I am not angry just frustrated not hearing any information for the dir-855. The two routers have the same pcb, yet the dir-855 has a faster processor, a dedicated 802.11n transmitter, and a third antenna. I would just like a thread like this in the dir-855 forum knowing that dlink is still supporting their top end products! ::)

Legionx

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »

Wow, that is a nice catch you got there. Paying premium for the router which main feature "GameFuel" should be disabled in order to run the router...Why not make it short and suggest buy a new router instead?

Really its not Reinvented problem that the router is not working the way it should its a Dlink problem which there working on. Right now you are down to three options

A) keep the settings and enjoy the unstable router.
B) do what Reinvented said and have some what of a stable router tell new firmware fixes the problems.
C) buy a new router.

Legionx

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2009, 01:10:49 PM »

I have posted on this once before in this forum, but Ru-Fi-Oh, any news on a new firmware for the dir-855? I know that the dgl-4500 beta has not even been released yet, but it seems that there is less support or news for the dir-855 which is a MUCH more expensive router! I am not angry just frustrated not hearing any information for the dir-855. The two routers have the same pcb, yet the dir-855 has a faster processor, a dedicated 802.11n transmitter, and a third antenna. I would just like a thread like this in the dir-855 forum knowing that dlink is still supporting their top end products! ::)

Just because its more expensive it does not mean anything and it does not mean its more popular either. The DGL 4500 has being out longer then the DIR 855 so people waited longer for things to be fixed. We don't have news on when the beda firmware is coming out for the DGL 4500 and considering this  forum is for the DGL 4500 what makes you think that we would have new's on another router? You are posting in the WRONG forums and trying to get's Dlink attention on the DIR 855 instead of this one. You really have to do one thing and that's wait tell they are done testing and the beda is actually released for this router.Then I'm sure there make one for the DIR 855 since they are similar. Posting again and again is not going to solve anything.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 01:14:27 PM by Legionx »

ssnui

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2009, 11:57:03 AM »

OK, so my router has been running for 13 days (not bad compared to before) and yesterday it rebooted itself even there was no heavy activities yesterday. My settings are full: DNS relay, Adv DNS, Gamefuel,.. but no WISH. So I say it's an improvement.

Legionx

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2009, 12:11:22 PM »

OK, so my router has been running for 13 days (not bad compared to before) and yesterday it rebooted itself even there was no heavy activities yesterday. My settings are full: DNS relay, Adv DNS, Gamefuel,.. but no WISH. So I say it's an improvement.

Yea that's way better then 3 days lol and that's with all the DNS settings disabled. Just hope the new firmware is released on the forums soon.

Ru-Fi-Oh

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »

Locking this thread. We are beginning the 3rd phase of Beta testing.

If there were any unanswered questions here please refer to the new topic:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8823.0

Beta firmware topic:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8822.0
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]