• April 27, 2024, 11:09:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: IE9  (Read 7308 times)

BCJKiwi

• Level 1 Member
IE9
« on: December 02, 2012, 09:37:32 PM »

Hi,
In New Zealand.
Purchased new DNS-345 just last week.
Set up and working OK with Server 2008 Domain network, WinXP, 7, 8.
Found the system repeatedly became 'unavailable' as there was more than 5 minutes difference in the time in the NAS vs the Network. Reset the time (via NTP) and it was OK for a while but the same problem again the next day.

Tried both ntp and local PC time options but still the same.

So checked and found new firmware v1.01b09 - DNS-345_A2_FW_v1.01b09.zip - DLINK_DNS345.1.01b09(1.01.0315.2012)(BETA) .
Downloaded and updated the system using a Win7 PC (IE9).
After firmware completed it just sat there for ages and eventually finished.
Rebooted and could log in using the admin account but nothing else will work. The main buttons are there but the 'Storage Staus' panel on the right of the inbuilt webserver screen is screwed and none of the buttons work.

Tried power offs and eventually a reset (red button on the rear). No change.

Eventually I found that a winXP PC (IE8) works OK and was able to reconfigure the system and all data was present and good. Have also just discovered that chrome works from the Win7 PC

Still unable to use the interface with Win7 IE9 or win8 IE10.

What is going on here?
The Firmware file creation date is 15 March 2012!! but DLink AU claims it is 15 June 2012. The NAS reports it as 15 March 2012
How come this stuff is all still in BETA?

So,
What is the solution?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: IE9
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 06:25:37 AM »

The AU firmware version you mentioned 1.01b09 has the same file size as the US release version 1.01 (for hardware version A2). I suspect that D-Link U.S.A. promoted the beta to a release version (i.e. name change only). No information on your browser compatibility issue.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

BCJKiwi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 07:51:20 PM »

JavaLawyer, is this just your opininon/thoughts, or do you work for DLink and this is an 'official' response?

The reply does not help at all.

How do I fix the access issue?

When will non-Beta firmware that works properly be available? Pretty much everything seems to be 'Beta' and it is now a very long time since this product was released!

DLink should be doing much better than this!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 04:49:06 AM »

JavaLawyer, is this just your opininon/thoughts, or do you work for DLink and this is an 'official' response?

This is my educated opinion based on years of monitoring FW releases for the entire ShareCenter line. Quite often, the final beta version is promoted to release status. This is the likely scenario here.

When will non-Beta firmware that works properly be available? Pretty much everything seems to be 'Beta' and it is now a very long time since this product was released!

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but D-Link does not publicly disclose their FW release roadmap.  Based on my experience with other ShareCenter models (and other D-Link products), I've seen FW updates published weeks apart to many months apart. Further, each region seems to promote/release firmware on a different schedule, adding to this uncertainty.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »

It looks as though the DNS-320 may be encountering the same issue: Re: IE10 & Win7 WebUI Problem

BCJKiwi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:09:54 PM »

I now have found another problem in the Win8/ie10 Notebook which does not occur on other PCS (win7, XP).

Just as a reminder, as noted above the NAS is running in a 2008 Server based network with rights assigned via active directory. The location is mapped as Drive 'M'.

If I copy/paste a file from the NAS to the desktop of the win8 PC there is no issue. I can then copy paste the same file from the desktop into the windows folder.

If however I try to copy/paste directly into the Windows folder I get a warning saying "you'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder". If I then click 'Continue' I receive the message "M:\ refers to a location that is not available .... and so on. The location obviously is available as I can copy the file to other places without issue.

UAC is set to 'Never Notify'.

ivan

• Level 8 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 02:47:23 PM »

Just a couple of things.

Try Firefox in place of IE - that is what we use because we don't use windows.

We are seeing several of our clients that have new computers with win8 on them are having problems doing things they could with XP or 7.  It appears to be a problem with win8 that might be fixed with the first service pack although I won't be holding my breath (I have one guy trying win8 in a VM and his comments are not the sort of thing one would publish).

BCJKiwi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »

I am always puzzled as to why there are so many recommendations to use 'some other' browser whenever there is an issue with something that is not the browser.

IE is the most used browser by a long shot so one should reasonably expect software to be tested against and to work with IE before any other browser regardless of what MS are doing with their browser(s) (I am no great fan of MS by the way).

I don't run FF and don't intend to.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 04:49:18 AM »

I am always puzzled as to why there are so many recommendations to use 'some other' browser whenever there is an issue with something that is not the browser.

Accessing the Web UI is wholly dependent upon browser platform, and the ShareCenters are sometimes finicky when it comes to accessing/using the web UI and having everything working the way it should.  As Ivan pointed out, although the ShareCenter generally seems to work best with IE, this is not always the case with PCs running Win8.