• April 16, 2024, 09:49:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: FF on longer audio files too slow  (Read 3724 times)

boggystudios

FF on longer audio files too slow
« on: January 29, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »

When I listen to my podcasts on my 520 it takes for ever to fast forward to the point where I need to be.  For example, I listen to TWiT and for some reason I end up having to stop listening to it and don't feel like listening to it till the next day.  So I remember where I was in the podcast and try to fast forward to that point but it takes for ever.

Perhaps on larger audio files making the pause before each skip shorter to make the fast forward process a little quicker?

I know I have been posting a few complaints here right after I signed up but I wouldn't do it if I didn't see the potential in this platform.  I think that the DSM-520 is a great addition to my TV and want to get a DSM-750 when it comes out.

Thanks,
Matt

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: FF on longer audio files too slow
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 03:53:58 PM »

Using the number keys you can jump from areas in a video or audio file using the keypad. Press 1 for 10% 2 for 20% ect.. this should make it alot easier. You can also use FF and RW from those spots in the video or audio file.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

boggystudios

Re: FF on longer audio files too slow
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »

That is pretty slick. Why didn't I think of that?  :)