• March 28, 2024, 04:01:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DES-1026G Network Cripple on File Transfer  (Read 3699 times)

tufcamman

• Level 1 Member
DES-1026G Network Cripple on File Transfer
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:33:43 AM »

This one has me stumped.  The CentOS Server's main services are HTTP, Samba, and DNS. I can copy files from Server to Set B no problem, and from Set B to Server no problem.  I can copy files from Set A to Server no problem, but as soon as I copy a file from Server to Set A, it cripples every machine connected to the 10/100 ports on that switch.  They loose total connection.  The file transfers goes along fine at ~12 MB/s which is great, and as soon as it finishes, all the other computers can use the network again.

I can copy files amongst computers between Set A and Set B.

The weirdest thing is that I can go from Set A to Server just fine, but not Server to Set A.

I've tried swapping out all the switches and cables, same thing.  I am using Cat5e everywhere.

Any help on this would be great!

tufcamman

• Level 1 Member
Re: DES-1026G Network Cripple on File Transfer
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 11:37:26 AM »

[SOLVED]
   As it turns out, it has nothing to do with the switches, the ethernet port on my Server is going bad and sending out lots of crazy broadcast packets whenever a request is made.
  D-Link switches are working great.