• April 27, 2024, 03:27:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Card not being detected.  (Read 31401 times)

ekins

• Level 1 Member
Card not being detected.
« on: December 31, 2009, 05:43:32 PM »

I have a new desktop with Windows 7.  I disabled the built-in networking and installed the adapter card.  The card isn't being recognized by the system.  I tried reseating it a couple of times with the same result.  The green light on the card is steadily flashing on and off.  Any suggestions on anything else to try?  I can't load any drivers because the installer stops after failing to find the card and tells me to install the card first.

dave13077

• Level 1 Member
Re: Card not being detected.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »

I am having the exact same problem.  The only difference is I am running Windows XP.  Did you ever solve the issue?

Kyjibo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:34:32 AM »

Have you tried the D-Link 1.40 drivers available here?

If the card is not visible in the device manager and having the appropriate drivers does not fix the problem you are probably looking at a broken piece of hardware. Make sure it is seated correctly in the PCI slot and if possible check if it functions when moved to a different slot on the motherboard.

hotdoggyurkeyam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 11:40:26 PM »

i am having the same issue.

I have Windows 7 64-bit. I've tried installing drivers from the disc and the atheros driver linked on these forums. Also even switched to a different pci-e slot. Still isn't being recognized.

Anyone end up resolving the issue?

hotdoggyurkeyam

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 05:53:26 PM »

I ended up going with an alternative PCI-Express card:

ASUS PCE-N13

Works well, and is Windows 7 compatible out of the box.

Bradums

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 07:39:14 PM »

I have the same problem, except mine is on Windows Vista. The device shows up correctly in the device manager, it's installed properly, drivers are updated, and I downloaded an update specifically for the device for Windows Vista. Still, the card doesn't work and when I try to add the PC to the network, it tells me there's no wireless adapter, despite the fact that it's installed, shows up correctly on the list of devices, says its working correctly, and it's lit up. And when I install/reinstall the drivers listed above, it tells me "Wireless Adapter not found, please insert adapter now", despite the device being lit up and shown as working correctly in the device manager.

The funny thing is: I'm installing it for my mother-in-law, so after it wouldn't work, I put it in my PC and, after installing and seeing it wasn't working in mine either, I screwed around with it until it finally worked. So, now it works in mine, but not the other (newer) PC, for some reason :/

jon510

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 01:46:28 AM »

I too am having this same problem. I recently bought a new custom build desktop (Gigabyte 870a-ud3) and the 556 won't install at all. I've tried two different 556 nics; one from Newegg and Amazon.

I can't load any drivers because the installer stops after failing to find the card and tells me to install the card first. It is not even showing up in the device manager. I reset it on two of the PCI-E slots and nothing works.

Did anyone get it to work? I have the Dlink 655 and waited to use this NIC, but may have to switch to a different brant. My old Buffalo pci nic works just fine.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:48:50 AM by jon510 »

Tezira

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 07:03:30 AM »

I had this problem too a copule of minutes ago but i just solved it ;D I thought it would be a smart idea to share it here since I've been trying to figure it out for a couple of days and couldn't find anything on the web about it that worked.

What I did was that i went to:

control panel> Devices and printers> "my- PC" > Hardware > clicked on Network controller> update drivers> Browse my computer for software > Let me pick from a list of devices > Network adapters > D-link corporation > DWA-556

Then i just ignored the message of the network adapter wasn't detected and installed it anyway. And then BAM it worked ;D

/Tezira