• April 18, 2024, 04:47:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Annoying logon procedure introduced with 3.10  (Read 4463 times)

mytitanic

• Level 1 Member
Annoying logon procedure introduced with 3.10
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:37:26 AM »

Updated my firmware to level 3.10.
When logging on to the router, I am now required to enter the hashed protection code EVERY TIME.
It is very difficult to read, and even after several regenerations, it is still quite difficult to make out the hash characters.  >:( >:( >:(

I contacted D-Link, unfortunately their response was something along the lines of "we introduced this "feature" to prevent hacking and there is nothing you can do about it".  >:(

Perhaps if enough other customers express their displeasure, they may be persuaded to relent!  ;)

Cheers ..... Wayne

schooner

• Level 1 Member
Re: Annoying logon procedure introduced with 3.10
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 05:02:21 AM »

That is an option you can turn off. It's under Tool/Admin ==> Enable Graphical Authentication.

davidhildreth

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 04:28:47 PM »

I'd love to use this feature but it doesn't seem to ever load in Safari. Is support for modern browsers really too much to ask?

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 09:13:11 AM »

Are you running the latest version?  The enhanced CAPTCHA graphical login security code works correctly within IE, FireFox, Opera, Google Chrome and Sarfari. 

You might have setting problems in your configuration.

davidhildreth

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 11:10:48 AM »

Are you running the latest version?  The enhanced CAPTCHA graphical login security code works correctly within IE, FireFox, Opera, Google Chrome and Sarfari. 

You might have setting problems in your configuration.

It has yet to work for me in Safari 4 Beta on PC and Mac and the latest Safari 3 release on a Mac.

Edtek

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 11:31:25 PM »

I'd love to use this feature but it doesn't seem to ever load in Safari. Is support for modern browsers really too much to ask?

How about having a rev. b router, and _not_ having the option to use a good security feature like that?

I was going to upgrade my router this past week to a DIR-655 as they were on sale locally, but I figured updates would either be non-existent for the revision they had, or would stop completely like they have for the 615 rev b.

At least when I used my WRT54GL Rev 1.1, I was able to get updates from firmware like Tomato or DD-WRT. Now, I will likely never see another updated firmware from 2.25 (came with the router I believe, as I don't remember ever updating it).