• April 26, 2024, 12:47:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Used to work on my Win-7 comp but not anymore  (Read 5050 times)

Shuriken

• Level 1 Member
Used to work on my Win-7 comp but not anymore
« on: February 22, 2010, 04:48:18 PM »

So I borrowed a DWA-160 from a family member a few months ago (For some reason, it worked without installing anything from a disc) and I loved it. Fast and never disconnected. So I used that for about a month and then I got my own. I installed the software this time and then tried to use it. The Wireless Connection Manager will not open and whenever I try to open the Connection Wizard, it says "Unable to find Wireless Adapter." The computer itself clearly recognizes that the adapter is there, but it still won't work. At one point, I somehow managed to get the wireless connection manager open but it said that there was no network available. Please help me to get this working again.

EDIT:

System Settings
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Intel Core i7 920: 2.66GHz
6GB RAM Tri-Channel
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:59:41 PM by Shuriken »

geck222

• Level 1 Member
Re: Used to work on my Win-7 comp but not anymore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:32:54 PM »

Possibly that the old drivers from the other dwa-160 are conflicting with the new drivers. Like the device for one driver might not be the same for the other. Try uninstalling the old driver first (you might need your borrowed adapter) and run a registry clean, then reinstall with your new adapter. You dont need to use the driver cd, that just installs the d-link wireless manager and the drivers. Plugging the device in will install just the drivers and will operate like it did before when you borrowed the DWA-160.