• April 18, 2024, 01:57:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: NEW 160(A2) RIDICULOUSLY SLOW SPEEDS  (Read 4976 times)

fan68

• Level 1 Member
NEW 160(A2) RIDICULOUSLY SLOW SPEEDS
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:56:12 AM »

Replacing a previous DWA160(A1),connected to DIR-655, where i generally connected at 108mbps...sometimes a little higher sometimes a little lower. That's when it would bother staying connected, which was not often. So after constant disconnects, & tech support which never did solve the prob, I decided to see if a newer version would improve things. Well I installed this morning, & not 1 disconnect so far. However, the single rate has dropped to LOW (maybe good on occasion but rarely) & my speed stays around 27mbps. ?!?!?!?! Have not moved the router from its original position. Although the usb extension cradle that came with this DWA is about a foot shorter than my previous one (?!) the adapter is basically in the same place. Called tech, they had me change the beacon, etc settings, reboot, blah blah. Nothing. Told me to wait a couple hours to see if the speeds normalized & if they dont call back & I we'll upgrade the f/w on the router to 1.33 (which scares the s*it outta me becuz a previous 655 was never the same after moving to 1.32na. But the general concensus on this board seems to be positive on the new version, so I'm willing to take the risk, espec since I can roll back to 1.2 if needed.) So anyway, does anyone have any ideas wtf would help me regain the speeds I'm used to with the same freakin adapter? (ps Notice I'm not asking to see 300mbps...I've given up on that 1!) HELP..i feel like I'm using a 56k modem!